2020 TPS Power Load ASA

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Took mine out for some tee cuts last night... Only put about 30 swings on it.

First impressions:

1st off, it’s hands down, the best looking bat of the year. The design is simple yet sleek.

As far as weighting, I have a 25.5oz on hand and a 26.5 coming soon.

The 25.5 weighting wise feels a lot like a future and I expect the same with the 26.5. Shorter barrel feel with a stiff handle basically.

The handle is very stiff and I really, really like that aspect of the bat too. The bat head accelerates right with you with zero lag to speak of. Too many ASA bats that advertise a stiffer handle only to feel them flex/lag during your swing. Hope that makes sense.

I wouldn’t say the barrel is crisp but the 52s don’t feel squishy like they do with some bats. In classic Slugger fashion, it lets you know when you really connect with a ball.

I can’t wait to have 400-500 swings on mine.... when I do, I’ll update

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't beleive a price had been mentioned in the thread.. what might that unbeatable price be

BOLTMAN21

Manager
My buddy unwrapped his 25.5 at the field the other day. 25.5 felt really light to me. We use 52/275 classic M plus. Out the wrapper on a 95 degree day it left alot to be desired, however I don't believe I gave it a fair shake. Two game time swings felt like hitting a mush ball with my '18 Stovall. My buddy has since moved it, but hopefully one day I'll try one with more hits.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy unwrapped his 25.5 at the field the other day

That's because 25.5 is really light, women's fast pitch territory actually. My 5'1" tall 110 lbs niece uses a 25 oz bat. People, by that I mean grown men, need to realize there is a point to where you're going to get diminishing results because there is no mass behind what you swing. For some reason that is a concept that is otherworldly to most.

Protectyaneck

People, by that I mean grown men, need to realize there is a point to where you're going to get diminishing results because there is no mass behind what you swing. For some reason that is a concept that is otherworldly to most.

Not a strange concept, by any means. But...is it possible that slightly quicker swing speeds + modern ASA bat tech...offsets this? Maybe just a little bit? I see a lot of 25 oz bats getting great results, from people of all sizes/weights.

ShortYellowBus

That's because 25.5 is really light, women's fast pitch territory actually. My 5'1" tall 110 lbs niece uses a 25 oz bat. People, by that I mean grown men, need to realize there is a point to where you're going to get diminishing results because there is no mass behind what you swing. For some reason that is a concept that is otherworldly to most.
My daughter is 11, weighs 82lbs and her favorite bat is now the 28oz RD28 RI.

She doesn’t like balanced bats anymore.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
My daughter is 11, weighs 82lbs and her favorite bat is now the 28oz RD28 RI.

She doesn’t like balanced bats anymore.

Had a new girl come out for coed on Monday. She checks out all our bats and decides on my this year's KP which is 28oz. Couple guys chirp "don't use that one it's too heavy". She uses it anyway and goes 4 for 4...all hard liners. And we don't use girl balls when they come up. She was killing the same ball the guys hit. She was around 5'3 125-130lbs

SwingTheD206

Had a new girl come out for coed on Monday. She checks out all our bats and decides on my this year's KP which is 28oz. Couple guys chirp "don't use that one it's too heavy". She uses it anyway and goes 4 for 4...all hard liners. And we don't use girl balls when they come up. She was killing the same ball the guys hit. She was around 5'3 125-130lbs
Pics or it didn't happen, preferably in yoga pants.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Played a game last week, couple guys on opposing team were swinging the 25.5 model with nothing really to show for it. Hitting a .40/275 ball. Wasn't nearly as impressed as I was expecting. Rest of his team was swinging the Ghost 2 with even less impressive results. both bats seem to be all bark and no bite. Ball sounds amazing coming off the bat but doesn't really go anywhere

chile

Bad Ape
Played a game last week, couple guys on opposing team were swinging the 25.5 model with nothing really to show for it. Hitting a .40/275 ball. Wasn't nearly as impressed as I was expecting. Rest of his team was swinging the Ghost 2 with even less impressive results. both bats seem to be all bark and no bite. Ball sounds amazing coming off the bat but doesn't really go anywhere

maybe they forgot to turn it on? :D:D:D