How are you guys playing during the covid era?

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Dugout closed so where did everybody sit?

And the temp check is so stupid. So what if I have a fever? You understand your body temp rises to kill off a virus right? So because my temp is high doesn’t mean I have Covid

That technically isn't correct. Your body temperature rises as the result of an immune response. Neutralizing antibodies kill the virus, not your body temperature. Your body can also fight off a virus without a rise in body temperature (colds, etc...). Typically, a rise in body temperature indicates you are fighting an infection. However, asymptomatic people will still fight off the virus, but their body temperatures will not rise.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Thank you DR^^^
Anthony_S._Fauci%2C_M.D.%2C_NIAID_Director_%2826759498706%29.jpg

r8dr_rider

That technically isn't correct. Your body temperature rises as the result of an immune response. Neutralizing antibodies kill the virus, not your body temperature. Your body can also fight off a virus without a rise in body temperature (colds, etc...). Typically, a rise in body temperature indicates you are fighting an infection. However, asymptomatic people will still fight off the virus, but their body temperatures will not rise.
Thanks for correcting me. Nevertheless a temp check is pretty much useless

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't hang in the dugout anyway since i have to wear goalie gear to play with the guys that show up in jeans and work boots.

I have little patience for the people bitching about wearing a hanky on their face to grocery shop when i have to dress like a gladiator so they can feel like big men again.

Last edited:

defos

I work on printers in a hospital. Everyone gets their temperature checked at the door. I have no problem with that, but it seems somewhat pointless in that we're there 9 hours without getting checked again.

r8dr_rider

Just finished up a couple 7 on 7 pick up games. Good times beers no masks no social distancing welcome to Merica

dunkky

Did some bp today.. texas weather 95 is pretty tough. my bp balls were baked in my car for all day. Jesus, they go no where, felt like hitting my shoes. wasn't that much fun, just good exercise.

ETDave

Old School
Did some bp today.. texas weather 95 is pretty tough. my bp balls were baked in my car for all day. Jesus, they go no where, felt like hitting my shoes. wasn't that much fun, just good exercise.

Where are you in Texas? I’m about 35 miles southeast of Tyler.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got back from the Major in Cincinnati. The only real difference there was admonitions to not move any tables or chairs, and they pulled out the bleachers. There were a few coaches and players wearing masks, but not many.

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
I don't hang in the dugout anyway since i have to wear goalie gear to play with the guys that show up in jeans and work boots.

I have little patience for the people bitching about wearing a hanky on their face to grocery shop when i have to dress like a gladiator so they can feel like big men again.

with this mask/no mask civil war brewing, i'm about one condescending glare away from uppercutting an anti vaxxer in the produce department.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Played a tournament in NJ today. 16 teams. Zero players or umpires wearing mask and we are supposed to be a hot bed for COVID. ‍♂️ IlyketoWin was umpiring and might I say, first time having him as an umpire and probably one of my favorite umpires to pitch to now. Calls the zone like pitchers like the zone to be called. Did a killer job. It probably helps he plays high level softball as opposed to these guys that don’t play at all and are just collecting checks.

r8dr_rider

Played a tourney today. No masks no social distancing and we even gave high fives to the oppo team after each game. If you are scared of Covid stay home.

rybred23

Starting Player
City of Milwaukee leagues were supposed to start July 6th but they cancelled the half season last week. Hopefully back at it in April

dunkky

wifey got me a pop toss for father's day gift. LOL she saw me watching this pop toss thing over and over. I was reluctant to get one. She pulled the trigger for me and made me a happy fella. I am excited. As for me, I would rather improve my swing than playing actual games. I know I will enjoy playing games a lot more when I am more productive. That idea alone makes me pretty satisfied.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
wifey got me a pop toss for father's day gift. LOL she saw me watching this pop toss thing over and over. I was reluctant to get one. She pulled the trigger for me and made me a happy fella. I am excited. As for me, I would rather improve my swing than playing actual games. I know I will enjoy playing games a lot more when I am more productive. That idea alone makes me pretty satisfied.

Give the pop toss a chance. It takes a little while to get used to. Once you do you'll be able to hit off it perfectly.

The thing doesn't throw perfect strikes 100% of the time. You'll have to be patient.

dunkky

Give the pop toss a chance. It takes a little while to get used to. Once you do you'll be able to hit off it perfectly.

Will do. i can square the balls off my tee 8 out of 10 times, just need to do the same with this device. Then, eventually, i should be very effective in live pitch as well.

dunkky

i went out tested the device. bottomline, i like it so far. distance is good enough. this thing made me humble real quick. i could not hit the balls well at all. i had timing/mechanic issue. short arming issue... man,... i have a lot of work to do. timing issue was the biggest factor. i think i am seeing the balls a split second longer than i should.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
i went out tested the device. bottomline, i like it so far. distance is good enough. this thing made me humble real quick. i could not hit the balls well at all. i had timing/mechanic issue. short arming issue... man,... i have a lot of work to do. timing issue was the biggest factor. i think i am seeing the balls a split second longer than i should.

My first session with the pop toss was lousy too. I mean, pathetically bad. I got used to it. I feel like the pop toss replicates a real pitch pretty well. I can hit off the pop toss and go seamlessly into games with no timing issues.

dunkky

another great thing that works for me is that, i can actually do a decent cardio with this. LOL. I might do a night time bp tomorrow. but this texas heat is brutal..

blakcherry329

Won a little 6 team tourney in Fresh Meadows, NY on Sunday. Perfect weather low 90s and no humidity. Clinchers and swing whatever you want. Pitched great, hitting was not great. lol Only gave up 21 runs in 5 games(4-1). Social distancing protocol wasn't really enforced. Very few masks, also. (umpires wore them, but players optional). Felt good to play "meaningful" games, finally.

defos

Our Sunday leagues started yesterday. The weeknight leagues started last Monday, so we were the last to begin. Park and Rec had sent out Return to Play Protocols which really seemed to be written more for tournaments since we don't usually have enough people around to have lines at the concession stand or restrooms. There were the standard warnings regarding social distancing, sharing equipment, etc. The dugouts were to be wiped clean by the teams before and after each game, and no post-game exchanges between teams. Those were all that really affected us as players. I didn't think the protocols would be enforced beyond the first couple of weeks, but all I saw in practice yesterday were no post-game exchanges, and the few spectators were spread out. I don't know if things were different early last week, but for us it was pretty much like normal.

jhitman

There is one league (not in my county) that started a few weeks ago. The county I live in is planning for Fall ball, but like some MLB players certain individuals are opting not to play. We may have a tough time getting enough teams to commit.