Recent content by 2TransAms

1. 2TransAms

This place used to be the bomb.

Damn, I signed up here in 2007? I remember buying a Demarini Vexxum here as my first "good" bat, and couldn't believe the guys who had multiple $300 bats. Didn't take me long to join the club... This'll be the third year where I haven't played. Three years ago I'd have never thought that would...
  2. 2TransAms

Am I an *******???

Few years back I tried to get my league team in a local fundraiser tourney. Wouldn't have won, but we knew everybody there. I couldn't get enough to commit, so I said "forget it" and ended up playing for the team that won it all (not because I was on the team, I gotta add). Half my guys were...
  3. 2TransAms

Who is needed the most?

You can usually find enough guys to get a good enough but not great outfield. 3B and SS are the hardest spots for me to fill, having a little more defensive range in both spots makes a huge difference.
  4. 2TransAms

too many ground balls to 3rd.

That was a longass sentence, but all correct. It's really about pitch recognition. If you don't recognize an inside pitch early and commit to it (if you want to swing), you can end up playing catch-up and leaning back or swinging with your arms in too close. Instead of a proactive attack, it's...
  5. 2TransAms

returnable w/barcode rec is exp.

If they cared that much, they'd stop putting the serial # under the grip. Wild ass guess but probably 90+% of bats don't get returned.
  6. 2TransAms

Cold weather bat?

I've still got my old Stealth SCN4. It won't die.
  7. 2TransAms

Experience with NR bats

They're the exact same, they're just worth less because if you break one you're SOL with no bat and no money.
  8. 2TransAms

Rover or extra OF???

Stick her in RF and hope they don't hit it there. It's a work tourney, they probably won't.
  9. 2TransAms

Ball field parking

Years ago someone on the other team broke the back window of a parked car and the owner asked who was going to pay for it; when he determined nobody was going to pay for it he said he was "coming back with a shotgun". Only time I've actually had cops called during a game.
  10. 2TransAms

Waiting on pitch

First off, pulling every time isn't so bad if you can still hit the line or shoot the 5 hole every time on demand. Otherwise, it's BP and more BP. Nothing we say will be much help unless you go out and practice it til you can't screw it up. Also need to adjust on the fly. If their 2B is weak...
  11. 2TransAms

How to stop shaving bats.

Yeah, well then you're going back to how they used to do it, where the bat was a log for 500-1000 hits before it opened up and came anywhere close to hitting the limit. Now people want them "hot outta the wrapper", and you can get it, but they don't last as long.
  12. 2TransAms

Difference between E & E-Rex leagues?

E-rec should, in theory, suck compared to everybody but other E-rec teams. Nothin wrong with having a good team, but even around here in league you've got teams in the "rec" league that I know (because I know the guys) are full of tourney players that just crush the beer league guys trying to...
  13. 2TransAms

Improving Defense

Only way to improve is practice. Unfortunately "practice" usually means "home run derby", nobody wants to run infield drills. So you're stuck learning on the job one game at a time.
  14. 2TransAms

Anybody gaming a 15" glove?

Good one. :D As we all know, a couple extra inches is the difference between going home with the trophy or not. Back on topic, I don't see what a 14-15" glove can do that a 13" can't, and nearly all over 13" are total POS's marketed towards once-a-week beer league players. It's ok if that's...
  15. 2TransAms

Bat You Wish They Still Made

Easton Stealth+ SCN4. Just fit my swing. Had a few come and go, always looking for the next best thing when I should've just kept what worked. Hitting 44/400's probably helped too. Z2K's are right there with it. 3000/4000's were never quite the same.