Anybody gaming a 15" glove?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Had a roddy 1st base glove and was thinking about trying to find another just to mess around with.

Anybody using one of these?

MaverickAH

Rodriguez has long gone out of business so it's highly doubtful that you'll be able to find anything. The best alternative that I know of is Crunoz. I'm pretty sure that they source from the same place that Rodriguez did but their quality is better. Their max on 1st base mitts is normally 14" but you may be able to get the to do a one-off if you call & ask.

It's unusual to see anyone using a mitt that big outside of senior ball. In any case, the bottom line is use what works for you!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Do any of these actually measure 15" or are they just stamped that way? Largest I have ever had in to relace measured in at 14" and it was one unwieldy sob. I cannot imagine adding another inch.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Good one. :D As we all know, a couple extra inches is the difference between going home with the trophy or not.

Back on topic, I don't see what a 14-15" glove can do that a 13" can't, and nearly all over 13" are total POS's marketed towards once-a-week beer league players. It's ok if that's all you play, but don't think you're $40 15" glove is a good one...because it's not.