Recent content by auballer22

1. auballer22

2011 World Series........

Coming from a catcher and a college coach.... a hit & run means you at least attempt to get in the catchers way. If I have a bat (especially Pujols' bat) swinging in front of my face I am going to hesitate my throw down to 2nd base. If the batter puts on a sign himself he has NO excuse for not...
  2. auballer22

Anybody had shoulder surgery (bone spur removal)? Rehab time?

If they are saying surgery isnt needed and its not your throwing arm I would suggest just focusing on rehab stuff... 3-5 pound weights and those different resistance bands are the best things you can do.... you can look up shoulder exercises online, but focus on the little muscles and...
  3. auballer22

Why do guys wear work gloves as batting gloves?

Agreed that these gloves look absolutely ridiculous. I know a lot of guys who put the knob in the middle of their palm but I still don't understand why in games/tournaments where you cant hit more then a few homeruns guys feel the need to grip the bat to the point where their veins are popping...
  4. auballer22

Anybody had shoulder surgery (bone spur removal)? Rehab time?

I am not sure exactly how long the rehab for this takes but I am tellin you from experience (I am sitting here typing this in a sling for the 3rd time) DON'T mess around and try to push through shoulder pain!!!! I just had my 3rd surgery done & will be in a sling for 6 weeks and then 4-6 months...
  5. auballer22

little d-bags

I woulda looked at him and said you give me $___ and you can beat it against your cleats all you want, until then don't touch it!!!!!
  6. auballer22

Watching college softball last night...did anybody notice...

For those of you on here ripping Fastpitch softball, the day you can hit a moving ball coming ~70mph from ~35 feet away you can talk ****... until then keep your mouth shut. If you are watching & supporting college softball, THANK YOU!!!! I have recently gotten into playing and watching...
  7. auballer22

Girl Power

I am right eye dominate and because of my shoulder and neck problems tend to stand open to pick up the ball earlier. ANNNNDDD, I have always been a pull hitter.... haha. Again, this is probably only the 10th time I have taken slow pitch batting practice and I am still trying to figure out how...
  8. auballer22

GTG easykid15

bought grips from him, shipped fast! Thanks again!!
  9. auballer22

Girl Power

Thank you everyone for the advise. I have only hit slowpitch about 10x and am still trying to get confrotable. I use a light bat because I have a shoulder that has had 2 surgeries (getting ready for the last 1 hopefully), and it makes it difficult to get a ton of power. The whole "waiting on the...
  10. auballer22

Girl Power

No, that video was from a couple weeks ago..... I am not playing on a coed team, havent found a team to join.... I coach at uncp
  11. auballer22

Girl Power

It's cool.... thanks for the feedback.... I am still using a 23 or 24 bc I have a bum shoulder (in case you couldnt see the hole in it in the video), so I can't swing heavy bats.... hoping to be able to late fall after I have it fixed.... Not gonna be switching back to fastpitch.... I was...
  12. auballer22

Girl Power

A lot of it has to do with that fact that I am trying to go from a fastpitch swing (which I played for 15 years & currently coach at the college level), another thing is I hate when people don't swing at close stuff in slowpitch, and 3rd the pitcher (although he is a good friend) wasnt pitchin...
  13. auballer22

Girl Power

First one was an m75fp and the 2nd was a shutt fernandez.... yea, the pitcher kinda sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. auballer22

Girl Power

Looking for feedback on my swing
  15. auballer22

For Sale 2011 Vendetta C6 fastpitch 33/21 -12 drop

There is a fastpitch section for you to post things like this instead of on the "garage sale, everything not softball" section... might get some hits on that forum!!!