Recent content by Chris_R

1. Chris_R

This place used to be the bomb.

I just logged back in for the first time in....oh, who the F knows... wow. 😢
  2. Chris_R

What is your game's Kryptonite?

Yeah if it's a strong wind blowing out I will on occasion, try to do more than I'm capable of haha
  3. Chris_R

Wide softball shoes

Apparently my suggestion to help someone was deleted for being "garbage" because I mentioned a reputable place to find a great deal on Salomon shoes, even though the store doesn't sell them unless they're hidden somewhere I can't see. :rolleyes:
  4. Chris_R

What is your game's Kryptonite?

Same as you for hitting. Strong wind in my face F's with my head every time. In the field, a nasty infield makes me tend to sit on, and play ground balls off my heels instead charging them like I normally do.
  5. Chris_R

Thinking of playing Beer League Softball? Here’s a few tips.

Yes! Definitely gotta show up with enough gear in your SIS roller to supply 3 teams. And don't forget to wear a jersey for a team you never played on.
  6. Chris_R

Timeline Release for new USSSA Stamp

Can't wait to buy some utrip bats and sit on them until spring 2021
  7. Chris_R

Putting Down of Rec League Players

When I first started playing tournament ball 15-16 years ago or so, I had only played military intramural and downtown rec league ball. I was picked up by an E team in KCMO. I showed up to my first tournament under the assumption that E was basically "rec level" based on what I had read/heard...
  8. Chris_R

Putting Down of Rec League Players

The best player I personally know barely plays at all. To my knowledge, he only played ONE tournament this year. No league, no BP, nothing else....and I'm not even exaggerating when I say that if he actually cared about softball, he could easily be a conference player if he wanted to. He cares...
  9. Chris_R

Integrity of the game

This is one of the contributing factors to me quitting "full time" tournament ball. Stuff just got old. Granted, I do see it in league every now and then, but it's not every other damn team like it was in tournaments.
  10. Chris_R

There's so much crying about "middle" and bat flips here.......

I tried to pull that **** a LONG time ago in my early 20's. Hit what I thought was a no doubter, and just started walking to first carrying my bat while admiring my work like Pujols taking Lidge deep....until it was caught against the fence. That was the last time that ever happened. Even when I...
  11. Chris_R

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

I just got asked if I was free to play Tuesday night summer league.......for next year. That's pretty crazy.
  12. Chris_R

Wood Bat League Question....

That's what I was getting at. Was just curious if there was some sort of advantage to using a baseball bat.
  13. Chris_R

Wood Bat League Question....

As someone who has never once hit a softball with a wood bat...is there a difference between using a wood bat designed for softball vs a wood baseball bat?
  14. Chris_R

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

I just saw a FB post from an old friend that reminded me of a "crazy" softball story. He was playing RC, and had an absolute cannon for an arm. Short fly ball was hit to him, and the runner that was on 2 tagged up to go to 3 (for god knows what reason on that short of a fly ball). I get...