Recent content by Johnboy

1. J

Combat Derby Boys ASA DB427SP3 In-Stock

Just got my shipping notification for my order placed on 4/24. This thing had better be good! lol
  2. J

Fu Dawg Vs. J3A Review

So you got 300 hard swings on 52's out of it before it broke? That's ridiculous. Way too fragile for the money.
  3. J

Fu Dawg Vs. J3A Review

Ddub, what balls were you using with the J3A?
  4. J

Getting back into softball...

So you're saying it's a good bat to use for invading homes? I just want to understand. Maybe I need one of these. I don't know.
  5. J

Whats better the L4 Helmer or the DB ASA?

It's funny because my take on it has conflicted with many other reports I've read here. It's said to be stiff and end-loaded, but I've found it to be light and limber. Granted, this is compared to a Freak98, MV1, Recoil, etc. The performance is very good. I would say it outhits my 2000ish-swing...
  6. J

Whats better the L4 Helmer or the DB ASA?

I'm interested in this comparison, too. I have about 200 swings on an L4, and just placed an order for a DBA.
  7. J

L4 vs B3 Review

It feels very flexy to me. My alltime favorite bat to this point has been the Miken Freak98, which is much stiffer and more end-loaded (yet still quite balanced compared to bats like the MV1 or DC Psycho). Calling the L4 stiff and end-loaded is very relative. There are much stiffer and much more...
  8. J

L4 vs B3 Review

Is the L4 truly considered end-loaded? I have one in 27oz and it feels like a willow branch. It's very light and limber (almost like my SCX3). I picked up a 27oz ASA Demarini Flipper for a friend of mine, and comparing the Flipper to the L4, the Flipper has way more end-load. The Flipper feels...
  9. J

Hamstring Issues Playing Softball - Can't Shake the Injuries

What's your routine for that area?
  10. J

Shoulder pain....

I agree with this. I found that releasing my top hand on the follow-through took a lot of strain off of my left shoulder (right-handed swing). I had some left shoulder discomfort that went away when I made this adjustment to my swing.
  11. J

SB Pants

Sounds like you're looking for pants that don't look like baseball/softball pants, yet are made of baseball/softball pants material. I've been looking for this sort of thing for two years and have found nothing that entirely meets my criteria. The best way to describe what I want is a pair of...
  12. J

PRP Injection

I went into this knowing the jury was still deliberating on PRP. I figured, given that I've dealt with my condition now for over 18 months and have tried a range of other treaments, it was worth a shot. If my elbow doesn't respond, I'm no worse off than I was (aside from the $380 expense). I'll...
  13. J

PRP Injection

Never heard of that one. Did you have it done to treat tendonitis?
  14. J

PRP Injection

You guys are welcomed to discuss/debate the merits of the procedure. I've researched it, discussed it with multiple doctors, had it performed and am now well familiar with the process. And obviously, I'm hopeful for a positive outcome. Just wondering if there are any first or secondhand...
  15. J

PRP Injection

Stopping what? Use of my arm? Yes, I've tried that. For extended periods of time. I've followed the rules to the letter.