Recent content by kweiss

1. K

2012-Era Utrip Bats vs. newer 220s vs. newer 240s

While we're at it, anyone have recommendations for a 240 bat to eventually replace my 2013 Synergy? @EAJuggalo 's warning that the 220s might get a global ban by 2024-2025 has me looking at options. I prefer balanced, one-piece bats. Favorite bat of all time is the ASA Easton OG Flex (SCN3)...
  2. K

The Business of Pro Softball?

Something I've always been curious about... Can someone explain the business of Conference Pro softball to me? I've heard Conference Major guys make something like $40-50K per year. If that's true, it would mean an annual payroll of about $750K for a full roster. Who's paying that salary? And...
  3. K

2023 USSSA Rule Changes

^^ Yeah, you definitely know more about this than I do. And I was admittedly exaggerating to prove a point. But as an outsider trying to keep up, those two stamp changes mean three different types of bats have been legal in the past 11 years. And yet each type still launches nukes. Just seems...
  4. K

2023 USSSA Rule Changes

As a casual player these days, the trend seems even more obvious to me. Change the stamp every ~5 years to encourage bat sales. The serious players stock up on bats (spurring sales), the casual players are forced to replace a bat they otherwise never would (spurring sales) and the bat companies...
  5. K

Interesting. Doing the quick math, my 2013 Synergy has at least 1,500+ swings on it. So definitely approaching tank status, and it feels pretty hot, too, although I don't swing as many bats these days to accurately compare. (And all the other bats in my bag are pre-2012 era ASA bats anyway.)
  6. K

Hey all, old forum member here who hasn't kept up with all the latest bat tech. I'm wondering if bats have improved since I last checked things out around 2012? From what I understand, the current tiers of utrip bats break down: Newest 240s: Everything currently produced. Least hot. Last of...
  7. K

New to Denver

Hey guys, just moved from Dallas to Aurora/Centennial area. Played E/D in Texas. I have pitched for the last 3 years but played SS/2B/3B and occasional outfield before that. 23 years old, 5'10'', 170 lbs, good contact, decent speed. Let me know if anything is out there, league or tournaments.
  8. K

Need a good bat for placing the ball anywhere on the field

Is your Synergy Flex an SCN3? If so, give up. You've already found the best ASA bat.
  9. K

does hitting the weights hard mess with swing?

I've gained 20 lbs in the last two years lifting, my swing hasn't changed at all and I've added about 50 feet to my power. I'd say I probably went from a home run every 40 at bats to about every 8 at bats. My batting average has improved slightly. My recommendations: 1) Don't lift on game...
  10. K

Best batpack that holds four bats?

Anderson Bat Pack. Have had mine for 3 years and love it. Everything is still fully functional after 3 years of consistent, multiple days a week use. Huge bonus for me is that the top compartment fits my Worth Pitcher's Mask perfectly. I don't think I'd be able to carry that in any other bat...
  11. K

Bat Collections 3

From this: To this: No point in owning anything else. One for games, one for BP. Okay, I lied. My collection is actually down to this, But the Recoil and Toxic I only keep around as team bats, and I'd use the SCN3 over the SP12SY100 if it...
  12. K

New NCAA approved bat list

This is the most confusing list I've ever seen. I feel bad for any casual dad looking to buy his daughter a FP bat.
  13. K

Best Asa bat today?

Having swung or owned basically all the big name pre-ABIs from the ASA golden age (SCN3, SCX3, SCN8, SCN9, Freak98, NRG500, Recoil 250 and 180, Juggy, AV, May98, JH98, White Toxic) as well as a few new standards I can give a few impressions: -All pre-ABIs are within a few feet from eachother...
  14. K

For Sale NIW Recoil Maxload ASA 27oz

Bump for easily one of the top 5 ASA bats ever made. I don't understand why people who need an ASA bat aren't jumping all over these Recoil prices lately. Newer isn't always better guys...
  15. K

Pitchers wear your mask at all times PLEASE

Agreed on everything said in this thread. I wear my mask always, no exceptions. I've worn mine against coed teams using a hammer. Just not at all worth the risk, and at this point I've gotten so used to wearing one that I'd feel lost without it.