Recent content by midwest_mex

1. midwest_mex

anybody just can't wear sunglasses?

i use safety glasses from the hardware store with a smoke lens. they're required to have a minimal magnification and be fogless. found mine at lowes.
  2. midwest_mex

Distracting the batter

i did this the other night in league. before the pitch was let go i would get in the batter's peripheral then back off as soon as the ball is released. i know it's bush but i'm trying to get in your head. i only caught for like 3 innings but it was enough to mess with them and they would...
  3. midwest_mex

Best Cleats? Why?

seconded. i love mine and will never go back to anything else.
  4. midwest_mex

some tips please bp vid.

very much this. you're not loading your hips either. you have strong arms but by the time your hips should be turning into the ball you've just set down your foot. also like everyone else has said. balance. great swings though, wish i could mash like that. i'm just a little dude that just...
  5. midwest_mex

glove break in help

while true, how many actually get a new one every year? some players have been using the same one for a couple years.. there's some common sense when breaking in gloves and alot of the knowledge shared here is good stuff.
  6. midwest_mex

glove break in help

i did this step for step. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7148739 worked WONDERS. I cringed when i dipped it in the water, but damnnnnn. game ready after i was all done.
  7. midwest_mex

Breaking in Your New Vinci Glove

i did this step for step. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7148739 worked WONDERS. I cringed when i dipped it in the water, but damnnnnn. game ready after i was all done.
  8. midwest_mex

A little help here ...

no way... all those were totally hittable unless you're missing the sarcastic tags. i've swung at way worse.
  9. midwest_mex

Your number on the back of your shirt

.197 since we're a beer league i wanted something creative for my team. we had a party and took BAC's at then end of the night; your BAC was your number. our shirt dealer loved it so much, he discounted my shirts.
  10. midwest_mex

need a web site designer

relevant.
  11. midwest_mex

usssa mixed leagues

thoughts on mixed leagues? our team started on D then in summer we signed up for D again, but it's apparent from the schedule and the teams we play it's a mixed C/D about half and half. i'm figuring he took the top D teams and bottom C teams to create some excitement. some players are...
  12. midwest_mex

dear softball dude. [rant]

my bad. work duties. none. none. doubt it. that's like calling the cops cause someone stole your weed. i admire your reading skills. both. had a buzz hat on too, but he said it wasn't buzz, just some other minor league baseball team. he had sleeves on with the charity...
  13. midwest_mex

dear softball dude. [rant]

dear softball dude, first. i'd like to thank you for coming out to a charity tournament and help support the kids. i know in your heart there's a soft spot for the little tikes and while the wins and losses shouldn't matter, knowing we helped at least a few of them displays the accord we...
  14. midwest_mex

tablet scoring app for softball

cool opinion bro. :rolleyes:
  15. midwest_mex

tablet scoring app for softball

lazy and efficiency are two completely different things. i use a book and excel, but this creates that data sets for me on the fly. if i were lazy, i'd just mark runs in the dirt.