Recent content by SaucyJack

1. S

Softball Fitness

I'm hanging in there... Injuries are normal these days though.
  2. S

Winter BP

I'm using a wooden bat and any old ball this winter. It's just to practice tecnique to complement my gym training.
  3. S

Putting Down of Rec League Players

There are a lot of great ball players in rec leagues up here on the east coast of Canada. Pretty much everybody ends up in a rec league eventually, even the best of the best.
  4. S

Are you swinging the correct weight bat? SM118

I played in a league last year that used wooden bats. Field is 250 at center and there was only about 10 home runs hit last season. It's a 10 team league and we all played 30 games. We used gray dot balls....damn thing would die at about 100 feet.
  5. S

Do bats go dead eventually?

What about wooden bats?
  6. S

Using a pitching Mask

After taking a line drive in the face this past season, I'd be wearing one. I was lucky to only walk away with a busted nose(not too serious a break) and a couple of nice black eyes. It's not a very comfortable feeling :)
  7. S

Me or the glove?

Might be a combination of old eyes and running on my heels. lol...
  8. S

Me or the glove?

Excellent tip! I took another ball off my forearm on another occasion. I remember running and it felt like my brain was rattling. Couldn't get a good eye on the ball whatsoever.
  9. S

Me or the glove?

Damn!!! I have never thought about that but there are times this past season when I was running down a ball and experienced the same thing. I messed up what should have been an easy line drive catch and took the ball in the face. That hurt....
  10. S

Me or the glove?

I hung up my old Rawlings 14 inch glove this year for a new Dimartini 13 inch. I noticed a big improvement when fielding the ball.
  11. S

Softball Fitness

At the ripe old age of 52... Monday: Core and leg workout with lots of squats and lunges. Tuesday: Cardio or a day off depending on how sore I am from any new exercises done on Monday. Wednesday: Upper body. Thursday: Cardio Friday: Full body circuit training with a 3K run to finish. Saturday...
  12. S

wind and unwind of the hips with Quick Snap= POWER SM119

Nice. Something to work on this winter.
  13. S

Are you swinging the correct weight bat? SM118

I have tried a few 26 and 27oz bats but always gravitate back to the 30's. They just feel more comfortable to swing. It certainly feels like I get more power with it although I still can't hit home runs...lol.
  14. S

Stance question

I've gone through a lot of different techniques this past season trying to find a comfortable stance. I do like Jeff Hall and will be practicing it this winter.
  15. S

Official 2019 Last AB Thread

Ground out to short..../season:(