Recent content by starkbomber

1. S

Fire Flex 2.0

I hear ya man. We recently tested an OG syn+, just for kicks. Bat had a couple hundred cuts or so. It tested around 360. Lol! Like you said: back then, the expectation was you put in your work, the bat broke in, your swing improved and away you go. Now we are spoiled. I hit one of the new...
  2. S

2000 and late...

Ahh those bats take me back to happy times. :) I loved the Syn+, but my jam was the scn2. I swung the scn2 for utrip/nsa and the scn9 for asa....and if I could, that is what I would still swing. I still have a couple scn9's kicking around.
  3. S

2017 Helmer ASA

Totally! The scn12bh was pretty much the same IMO. My scn10's gave me the same experience: after 2000 hits with friggin blue dots, it started to get nasty....only to break 200 hits later. Lol! Alot of guys were disappointed with that bat: I remember many anticipating an uodated OG+ or a short...
  4. S

2017 Helmer ASA

Ahhh yes. How can I forget that bat! Lol! Easton took some flack that year: the scn8 was not like the OG Flex (though it was a decent bat), the scx14 was garbage and the scn10bh was a log. The scn9 came out that year, so not all was bad and surprisingly, I liked the scn11 (ASA Helmer) as well...
  5. S

2017 Helmer ASA

Jeez. Sounds alot different than the Utrip model, which while it starts out stiff, does open up nice. Are we talking scn10bh type loggish from 2008? Because THAT bat was a log of a short barrel one piece! Lol
  6. S

17 Wegman Or Helmer

I have hit both of them. Not outside, but in a cage with a hittrax machine. Wegman was 27, Helmer was 27.5 and each had 150ish hits when done. Helmer was definitely more forgiving and loosened up quicker. The Wegman was just starting to hit another gear near the end. The Wegman has DNA from...
  7. S

Easton stealth scn9

My favourite OG ASA bat. When we pretty went all USSSA up here, I picked up the ST100 and ST100h, but I would still grab my faithful scn9 from time to time until they were removed. You won't get much for them now. I recently sold one in great shape for $60. I still have 3 kicking around and I...
  8. S

17 weg flex

I would say you are bang on the money. Smaller sweets pot and you have to put in work for them to give up the goods. That said: a well broken in Wegman REALLY rewards good hitting. I am playing with the idea of grabbing a 2017 Wegman.
  9. S

17 weg flex

Don't have alot of time behind one, but it was definitely the stiffest and most unforgiving of the new Flex line 2017 bats. That said, any well broken in Wegman I have hit has been a bomber. I am betting this will be as well and hopefully with a 500ish break in period as opposed to 1000+
  10. S

Helmer Flex

I haven't really seen any durability issues with the UTRIP Flex. I have seen a few broken ASA Flex's though; you definitely don't want to hit hard balls with them. Another key thing that THESHOE has said that I love...and that separates it...is that even though compression drops quick, it still...
  11. S

Helmer Flex

The Scn2 was and is my all time fave Utrip stick. But if any of the new Easton stuff will get to that level, I am betting my Flex does. My 28 has a little over 300 swings now an tests just over 220.....and murders any ball. A demo 27 I tested came in under 200 compression. I am betting that bat...
  12. S

Helmer Flex

I have a fully broken in ST100 and ST100h. I swing my Flex over both of them now. My ST100 I am keeping, but I am thinking about selling the 100h. The Flex is a sick bat.
  13. S

Helmer Flex

I don't own a Reckoning, but have hit a teammates. To me, it swings similar to my 27oz Flex.
  14. S

Helmer Flex

Pull the trigger, mine is absolutely silly. I swing mine over my st100 and st100h, if that says anything.
  15. S

New Bats

They don't have to change anything drastic if they keep going in the direction of the Flex line. Absolutely sick. We tested all the demo bats at Homerun sports here in Edmonton on Tuesday. The two hottest bats: the Miken Freak 30 which tested at 190 and the Easton Helmer Flex which was just...