Recent content by stork

1. stork

Oldest player on your team to ever hit a home run?

Yeah, but you kill goats. I don’t know how you sleep. Hope those HR’s are worth it.
  2. stork

What is your favorite bat of all time?

I am buying the new Carl Rose to come full circle. My first “real” sb bats were a 30oz Carl Rose and also W Rickard Powercells. In between, the key bats I loved were the OG Blue EST, Flex & CNT+, and newer XL EST. Those are the ones that just felt natural to me. The other 100 bats were just...
  3. stork

New Kids On The Block - Bat Manufacturers

With so many bats being fairly similar, durability would be a more important selling feature. Ultimately, finding the right weighting, balance, and stiffness to one’s liking is the most important as isn’t it really one’s skills that it comes down to? Everything else is just ego and window...
  4. stork

This place used to be the bomb.

I am pretty sure I asked a dumb question when I found this site with 2 bats to my name but at peak performance. Now I have about 30 bats and I suck. Thanks SBF. No really, thanks. It was a good ride.
  5. stork

Looking for 28-30oz utrips

I have a 30oz Plague down in the bag I think. It's a 28FL if not.
  6. stork

Why I DON’T miss softball

Running a work team. But a benefit is seeing guys who sucked, become serviceable and maybe have a moment or two to shine. But you have to keep work teams in perspective.
  7. stork

Back at SBF

WWBombGazaDo?
  8. stork

Hitting with prescription glasses

I got some script safety glasses pretty cheap. Plastic-ey and pretty snug. The glare of the lights can sometimes be a bugger so maybe ask them about any coatings available that may help. Obviously I didn't ask. Script sunglasses for day games. Mainly wear both for in the field, but have...
  9. stork

MLB 2018: The Yankees buy a championship off of Amazon

Nice run down O's.
  10. stork

NFL off-season / free agency

11. stork

Favorite Bat You Have Ever Swung?

Different era's, different loves. All were Worths or Eastons.
  12. stork

For Sale Mostly heavy utrip

Damn brotha. Retiring? Say it ain't so. Would take that 30XL but I am getting close to retirement too...as in too heavy. Best of wishes on your future endeavors.
  13. stork

Leaving the overlap grip behind

This is where I have been the past couple years and pretty happy with the results.
  14. stork

Shorel's Powerdome Museum and other golden oldies

(notimg)Rickard & Rose Powercell, Blue Lighthouse, and an old 34oz Easton something.(/notimg) -all gamers for a significant time. Maybe something else. And a bunch of EST's, but those came along later.