Most durable senior bat

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Well, looks like the time has come to buy a senior bat. SSUSA apparently isn't going to allow USSSA bats in their tournies henceforth. Even though I'm playing 40+ tournies we now have to use senior bats.

So, in everyone's opinion, what is the most durable senior bat? It doesn't need to have remarkable pop or anything. I'm going solely for durability.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, looks like the time has come to buy a senior bat. SSUSA apparently isn't going to allow USSSA bats in their tournies henceforth. Even though I'm playing 40+ tournies we now have to use senior bats.

So, in everyone's opinion, what is the most durable senior bat? It doesn't need to have remarkable pop or anything. I'm going solely for durability.
I dont think any of them have durability worth noting. My melee 3 sounded like it was about to break on every swing the other day. 55° hitting .52 275s. It now has about 75 hits on it. Admittedly, I'm not overly experienced with senior bats but I'd suggest just getting the cheapest ones you can find bc no matter what they're breaking quick and smoking the ball.

blakcherry329

That Easton Helmer 44 feels like a tank. I've put about 350+ swings hitting cage baseballs and there's no chipping or anything happening.
Not sure how good it is outside of the cages yet. Only about 20abs in a game hitting Clinchers(crappy swings at that, but I digress).

GoLakers!

I’d probably go with an older used Louisville Hyper Z endload Senior Bat, 27oz, they do weigh slightly on the heavier side in my opinion. Keep an eye on eBay sales. We have a team bat with several thousand hits and it’s still swinging well. I currently swing Cellblock, Onyx and Suncoast bats. The above bats are more game ready and won’t last as long if you have a faster swing speed. Go to seniorsoftballbatreviews.com or YouTube FatguyBP, Bat Flip BP, BP Hero for some very good senior bat reviews.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans

Did you actually have someone explain with certainty. The obvious is certainly obvious about bats made as of last year have to have senior stamp with nst designation, or with senior approved stamp and 1.21 or less so on and so on, but if you look at the approved manufacturers approved list in also indicates the about in their first sentence but the mention below that it says , bats made prior to 2021 it can have the 1.21 or less designation stamped on it, tho it does not any any senior bat made 2021 prior can have the 1.21 or less.
Perhaps just the way I'm reading/taking it.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Did you actually have someone explain with certainty. The obvious is certainly obvious about bats made as of last year have to have senior stamp with nst designation, or with senior approved stamp and 1.21 or less so on and so on, but if you look at the approved manufacturers approved list in also indicates the about in their first sentence but the mention below that it says , bats made prior to 2021 it can have the 1.21 or less designation stamped on it, tho it does not any any senior bat made 2021 prior can have the 1.21 or less.

Hmm. Interesting. I'll have to investigate further.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

Wait a minute, is this for real? Is this because failing utrip bats are actually hotter than senior bats? And last longer that way?

AutomaticSOB

Senior Status 50+
The bright green Worth Wicked I have is a tank. It’s a stiff one piece and swings light in my opinion. Great BP bat I picked up cheap few years ago.

Committed

Have you tired any Anarchy senior bats?

The one and two piece bats are durable and have top tier pop, IMO.

I ended up getting a few of the one piece cammed and the two piece old smash. Both bats reminded me of the Adidas Melee black & green one piece and the newer red & black two piece.

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpeg
    IMG_1967.jpeg
    761 KB · Views: 11

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Wait a minute, is this for real? Is this because failing utrip bats are actually hotter than senior bats? And last longer that way?

SSUSA allowing bats with their own stamp only is definitely real. I read all the rules and did a bunch of research on it.

Failing USSSA bats are NOT hotter than senior bats.

I think this is a cash grab by SSUSA to make people buy THEIR bats. Frankly, I'm not overly amused.

Right, I called SSUSA directly and that is exactly the way it was explained to me by someone in the office who read it directly from the rule book.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
SSUSA allowing bats with their own stamp only is definitely real. I read all the rules and did a bunch of research on it.

Failing USSSA bats are NOT hotter than senior bats.

I think this is a cash grab by SSUSA to make people buy THEIR bats. Frankly, I'm not overly amused.
Yeah, I saw a couple of yt guys compression test their senior bats and they're coming out if the wrapper at 200 and we're at 161 after about 100 swings. No idea how long they last, but that's insane.

I was a little skeptical of the guys swinging failing eastons, but I'm no happier about a cash grab either. I bought a 50 wkd a year ago, but you have to be fifty to swing them here.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
This Helmer model is pretty durable. After a 4 year hiatus from softball I’ve started taking BP the last 3-4 months. Been going early Sunday mornings so the temps have ranged from 35°-55° when we start at 7:30am-8:00am
BP balls are all 44/375 At home I’ve hit balls into the net with Evil BP rockets, Xrocks & it could probably endure some stadium/distance balls too.
Someone mentioned the HyperZ. I know I have at least one of those around here. Remember it having pretty good pop but can’t recall how many swings I took before it cracked. IMG_4805.jpeg

blakcherry329

I've put over 500 swings of 75-85mph cage baseballs and not even a blemish, other than scuff marks, on my white Helmer 44(I think 2022 or 23). I highly recommend for a cold weather or bp bat. Durability is off the charts from what I've experiences so far.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
simple - you go with whom ever has the biggest end load, because the barrel will be beefed up.
the Suncoast mega load is a great example - 250 plus hits to open up and has tremendous pop.
Great review by Dave V on senior softball bat reviews on this bat.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
The Helmer Hitman 44 is $79. I got a 27oz for $49 in December it is smoking hot and with a giant endload. If it breaks drop another $79. Go to the Jeff Bezos site.

blakcherry329

The Helmer Hitman 44 is $79. I got a 27oz for $49 in December it is smoking hot and with a giant endload. If it breaks drop another $79. Go to the Jeff Bezos site.

I second that. Mine has about 600 swings with cage 80+mph baseballs and about 50 Clinchers Corkers. Not a chip. Just scuff marks. that's it.
Once you get used to the massive end-load, it's a great bat for BP. IF you can swing this correctly, other bats will feel like toothpicks.
It does seem to take a bit of time to open up, kinda old school, so that's probably why some people don't like it.

blakcherry329

White Helmer 44 update...
Well over 1000 swings with 75-85mph cage baseballs not ever a chip. lots o' scuff marks from all my mi****s:mad:, but no real damage to speak of.
I got it when Amazon had it for $50 and it's a great BP bat, if nothing else. The sledgehammer end-load takes a little getting used to, but it feels nice. I can't speak to how good the bat is, game-wise. I only really play with Clinchers nowadays. I think it would be a good bat for Senior balls because they're harder(don't get me started on how stupid that is, but I digress), especially if you have good bat speed, but that's just a guess.
I think I said all of this before, but just in case you don't scroll back. ;)