Search results

1. Wally Gator

Gloveworks Pro One

12.75 Pro One. This glove is perfect! Has every feature I desire and needs nothing added or changed. Tapes exactly 12.75, while the other 12 inch ProOne I got tapes 11.5 but looks every bit of 12. This one is not as stiff as the 12 too, but that is ok as I plan to put it to use immediately...
  2. Wally Gator

Rarest Redlabel Retail RTD

I just completed a search for one rare retail glove and within the thread was another unobtainium glove. What model do you consider the rarest not including Pro Shop one-offs - has to have been offered at the retail level. I have my thoughts on one they only made 51 of, but I'm interested in...
  3. Wally Gator

There Is None More Black and Tanner

Just received this NWT 2002 PROMB99TB after foolishly selling a used one years ago. It is bone dry and might have been used as a display, but it feels much better than the previous one. Check out the tan pinky and thumb loops.
  4. Wally Gator

Original Custom Glove

Unfortunately not mine. I came across these pics researching another purchase. Who has had an original custom glove with the CG stamping? I have never held one, but most I see here in pics look fantastic. How many years was the CG moniker used?
  5. Wally Gator

Transformation Thursday

I really tried to love this glove in original form. Couldn't stand the embroidered name so I patched that. Didn't like the way the web caught a ball plus adding red to a baseball from the lace so replaced with H web and tan lace. Realized that red binding would be pink in no time so I painted...
  6. Wally Gator

NP6BNT

Here's a quick web swap on a now difficult to find PRONP6-6JB making it a PRONP6-6BNTMFer. Well used #1 NP6 for comparisons and 303-6JBT sneaking in.
  7. Wally Gator

Patience Rewarded

I've been waiting for a donor glove for this Horween basket web for a few years and this Scherzer gem showed up a few days ago. That pinkie patch is a welcome sign of what has to be the best JTan leather Rawlings cultivated. Add the classic font stamps and black split welting and this was a...
  8. Wally Gator

A Quest to Rid My Gloves and Mitts of Ink and Embroidered Names

Sometimes the price is too good to resist or the seller didn't disclose ink in an unusual location on the glove or mitt. After a lot of research, I've decided there are two ways to remedy the situation - patches for covering embroidery and leather paint for covering ink. Here's a recent 206F...
  9. Wally Gator

Assorted Rawlings 12" Glove Weights

There was a request in another thread for a specific glove weight and, well, I've got some free time before opening day. 2018 DMS Horween DMS broken in. Custom PRO200 well used. Mesh with 1 season use = well broken in. RGG1200 NWOT NP6 well used Slam1 NWOT oiled Horween KB17 NWOT USA PRO...
  10. Wally Gator

442 Pattern

Anyone have experience with this pattern, not the Oldsmobile, that's a different thread. I tried one on years ago and recall it was very tight in the handstall. My initial thought was it was similar to a 302, but upon further review it looks like a stretched out 88. Perhaps the flattest...
  11. Wally Gator

Best Vintage Improvement

I've been spending more time recently with my DMS PRO1000 in dry black Horween and it feels like a new pattern combining the improved, non-palm-creasing 1000 with the rounded USA version. I have two 12" PRO200's currently in the house and the DMS does not feel the same. It's close, but not...
  12. Wally Gator

Oddball Webs

Never had a basket connector web and now I've got a monster one incoming. Here's a toughy - the glove is black Horween oil treated leather from 2000. Would the tan web also be Horween or, because it was made in the Philippines, is it more likely to be JTan? Now an easy one - Rawlings...
  13. Wally Gator

For Sale Small Batch, 303-125, 504, JD

Easton Small Batch 12.25 $SOLD 125th Anniversary PROS303-125 12.75 $239 PRO504-4 custom 12.5 $SOLD PROJD-6KMB LHT 12.75 $169 Small Batch 303-125 504 JD
  14. Wally Gator

Let's Establish the Year of New Font Stamping

I have seen this come up in a few recent posts so let's get this straight for future reference. What year did Rawlings (mistakenly) switch from the classic font stamping to the new fonts?
  15. Wally Gator

Color Preserver

Son's navy PRO200 is now a grayish ghost of it's former self. Red and royal blue gloves also have a history of fading fast. I love using Hot Glove Cream Conditioner for keeping my gloves in shape, but is there a leather product designed as a color guard for these uniquely colored gloves and...
  16. Wally Gator

Rawlings PRO44L

This seems like a strange one. I've seen three different pics of the palm online and each one is different than the other two. Has anyone handled one of these? Next to zero info out there. Softball pattern? Double secret underground custom?
  17. Wally Gator

Your Next Glove

You own 9 or more terrariums. Your softball team is named The Snowbirds. You relish the taste of chicken. You lament you didn't attend a Floridian University. You named your daughter Alli. This is your glove - 272964478868.
  18. Wally Gator

Spike The Punch Bowl...

... with some recently ordered customs. It's been dead around here as of late so here's some info if you're thinking of ordering a custom. Rawlings is averaging around 3 weeks to your door, but that will expand as the Christmas deadline approaches. Chad is thee man when it comes to service...
  19. Wally Gator

Glove-Works Forum RIP?

I just tried to load it and an error page comes up. Hope it's just a temporary glitch. While the site has been ghastly quiet for some time, it is a chasm of information. If I come across a glove model I'm not familiar with, either the archives here or there will shed some light on the glove...
  20. Wally Gator

NP7 (NP1225)

There's been a light smattering of NP7 talk recently and I for one want it to become a heavy smattering! Chad and Bunt have discussed it to the point of set colors. Manny Machado's has been mentioned. Is this on track to become an order-able pattern or another classic SBF's exclusive or...