Search results

1. S

Info on Wilson 1810 A2K

Picked up a Wilson 1810 A2k as "new without tags," but it turns out that it has a small tag like a pro issue glove. The date stamp indicates it was manufactured in 2020, even though Wilson's website says the 1810 pattern was released in 2022. The seller told me it came from an equipment manager...
  2. S

ATOMS

Over the years, I have accumulated a couple Pro Ones, as well as two of the Under Armour gloves that Atoms made (I also used to have an Elite J . . .). Glove addiction being what it is, I have only put about a season worth of games on each, but the leather is very nice and they are among my...
  3. S

Gloveworks

Nice glove! is the American style trap a selectable option?
  4. S

Wilson "Glove Day Series"???

Yes, and some of the patterns (like the 1781) are not commonly available in retail. But most of all, they were on sale. . . so, that's my excuse.
  5. S

Wilson "Glove Day Series"???

They seem to have been accumulating the game day sale gloves for some time. The 1781 that I picked was manufactured in 2015, and the 1799 is from 2018. Both have internal Japan stamps.
  6. S

Marucci c mod gloves

They are not the same. I don't speak for Marucci, but I assume they intended to make a more cost effective retail version. The OG C Mod was custom to the user's hand, which is not possible in the retail version. I could see many people preferring the leather to the synthetic liner.
  7. S

Marucci c mod gloves

I don’t have a scale, but there is no significant weight savings as far as I can tell. This is not the same as the original c mod (I have one). The original involved replacing the entire leather liner with synthetic material. These retail gloves have a leather liner with formed plastic inserts...
  8. S

Marucci c mod gloves

The shift models are TIP. Attempting standard grip would be very uncomfortable and not practical.
  9. S

Marucci c mod gloves

I wear XL. This glove is a large. It’s a pretty snug fit. Not having the medium to compare it to, it’s hard to say how significant the difference is.
  10. S

Marucci c mod gloves

These are made in China.
  11. S

Marucci c mod gloves

I picked up the 12.75 version, which arrived today. Here are a few initial observations: - It’s my first Marucci, but the pattern reminds me of a 303. - the leather is thick like a PP, but not as shinny (I think it’s just steer hide). - there are plastic inserts in the thumb and pinky that...
  12. S

Mizuno Customs

I just mention for purposes of judging fading. I don’t play more than 20-30 games a year at this point. And I have other gloves . . . Both are 2gw26037.
  13. S

Mizuno Customs

Black on left. Navy on right. 5 seasons on both.
  14. S

Mizuno Customs

if I had know about this alleged US custom builder, it would have saved me a lot of time on google translate. . . .
  15. S

Mizuno Customs

Ichiro went from using navy to black at some point. That glove is black.
  16. S

For Sale Unique Wilson Opportunity - Let's Gooooo

I was going to say this, but silver on gun metal patches.
  17. S

Couple of Gloveworks questions and other useless glove musings......

Yeah, the patterns on the Pro One series are not the same as what you get through the Gloveworks builder or through Dan. Again, to me, it feels like an adjusted Atoms pattern. The H-web kind of looks like one that I saw on a pro issue Shado a while back. Hopefully, they will continue to do more...
  18. S

When I have some time after the holidays, I will try to take some pictures. In actuality, it is most like a lighter version of a Mizuno GMP700 with a web swap, although the thumb is not as wide. In terms of Rawlings, the glove opening is wide like a 504, but the pocket is deeper (note that the...
  19. S

There was a comment a while back about wanting to know more about the Pro One series from Gloveworks. I picked up a P104, which is the H-web model. It’s an excellent quality glove. From what I understand, there has been some historical relationship between Gloveworks and Atoms, a Japanese...