Search results

1. T

Hold your bat like you are holding a broom stick.

Awesome! If you think the bat is going to fly off - maybe but only in baseball. Never going to happen in softball with your skill. You are at the upper limits of a relaxed grip now. Keep at it!
  2. T

I would like to add something to this that I also feel is just as important. BREATHE! Don’t hold your breathe as it does something similar to gripping the bat tightly. You want to be like Monica Seles (tennis player). It is much better to exhale or scream during the swing. It’s hard to...
  3. T

I came across something a long time ago, it’s the main reason why I stopped using batting gloves. The tighter the grip you have on the bat and the more you squeeze - the less fluid you become. If you grip the bat as hard as you can and just do a dry soft swing - watch your hands and the bat do...
  4. T

2020 KP23

so in reality its just difference paint schemes? and they maybe have very few models (I am guessing 5: 12in/maxload, 12in/supermax, 14in/balance, 14in/maxload, 14in/supermax) regardless of year - does this sound about right?
  5. T

Supermax but more endload ?

Thank you all whom have responded. This is very helpful and gives me a lot of insight. I do hate the fact the mentioned bats I like are discontinued though.
  6. T

2020 KP23

What the difference between the KP23 vs a Primo Supermax? Or a Freak30 for that matter? thanks in advance
  7. T

Learning to go oppo - HELP PLS!

Thanks for the video. I have been trying to soak it in. 7 for 10 today. My first oppo AB I did a 2step and sent it to the track. No power, just height to it. After that I settled in and just let the ball travel deep. All hits were oppo except one. 2 went to the fence and I sent one near...
  8. T

Supermax but more endload ?

I have a 12inch supermax on the way, and am also trying to get a 14inch barrel (DC41) one. I am going to try and learn to swing both of these in a similar fashion as I did with the maxload. If I do well, I would like to keep progressing and move up in EL (1.5oz). I have read other forums and...
  9. T

DC41 Supermax - Questions

I think this might be the bat for me. Took me a while to get accustomed to the maxload. Now it’s time to step up to the supermax.
  10. T

I am not sure why they use those balls? I don’t know much about balls and what specific bat I should be using. Are there much better Miken bats that can handle that ball? I reviewed the website a couple of days ago - they do not allow ASA bats. I think you are spot on with me taking more BP...
  11. T

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. Please allow me to put more context into this. I’m usually going oppo after my first pull AB. I push oppo as they give me the 3 4 hole. I can hit that hole, self jamming or not - I just feel I lack the big power that happens when I pull the ball...
  12. T

My bad, I was looking at a bunch of bats last night. I bought this and it looked like my F30 http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/two-usssa-garbage-mikens.1460695/ Hopefully this is close to my F30 just more end load and different paint. It’s a 26oz and hopefully my bat speed is insane...
  13. T

I am getting better with my pitch selection after discovering my new power. I think you are spot on about trying it and finding out. I won't know until I try it. I know my ceiling is 27/28, so I guess this 26 will really tell me.
  14. T

I just picked up a 2019 Freak 30 supermax. So I hope you are partially right on this one. There are a few things you mentioned, also with a couple of other guys - that made me stick with the 12inch barrel for now. Only thing is I got a 26oz. Thats the part I hope you are wrong - crossing...
  15. T

So what you both are saying, is to keep the whip feeling during a swing - its almost better to stay 26oz or under. I swing a 27oz maxload right now. I am trying my best to move up to supermax.
  16. T

Hi! Didn’t you just buy a DC41? Curious as to what you use that for and why you speak so highly of the Primo
  17. T

This is where I am confused and torn. I have bolded the items. I understand (with the help of ShortYellowBus) that my wing with the DC will be slower. With that, my exit speeds would be slower. I know for a fact I do hit a few balls on my Freak30 at the IK or KE. I feel it in my hands on...
  18. T

Thank you! ShortYellowBus is correct, I have been in contact with him in regards to this subject. I posted here too (and should have also told him in advance) to get other people's perspective or first hand/second hand experiences. ShortYellowBus provided me with some great information too...
  19. T

Gamer: - MIKEN 2016 Freak 30 (27oz, 12 inch barrel, 0.5oz end load) League: - UTRIP - 52/300 balls Please keep in mind the Freak 30 was my first bat and that I have only swinging a team bat before this. Moving away from a smaller sweet spot to a larger one may be an advantage. Also the...
  20. T

Learning the long ball! Have questions.

Yes sir! My swing is as level as you can get. LOL I dont even know how to hit a sac fly in the game. I mean I know how to do it, I just cant get my body to in a game. My probably is when my timing is off I am really in front of the ball. When that happens I roll under the ball and hit a...