Search results

1. corndiggity

usps issues lately

Nope. I'm sure you're one of only a handful of people shipping packages at this time of year. There's really no reason why they may be backlogged by hundreds of thousands of gift wrapped packages of fruitcake and nintendo DS games.
  2. corndiggity

Want to get better? Spend money on this, not a new bat

This is the worst argument to be fat I've ever heard. :wtf2: I'd take a fast guy that can't hit or catch over a fat **** that can't hit or catch any day. In what world wouldn't you? Even if the fat guy managed to squeek a few out ( he can't hit right?), the fast guy gives you so many more...
  3. corndiggity

Dumb strategies

This entirely. I've played outfield my whole career and used to play deep but the longer I played, the shallower I started to play. I always try to convince guys I play with to move in. Especially cause our diamonds are 275ish. I'm fine getting the ball in quick and holding runners to...
  4. corndiggity

Lifting heavy in season.....

I've had great results in the past when getting a call to sub just after I've finished a workout. Down a shake and go. I'm tired, but the bat feels light, hips are firing and I find I'm killing the ball.
  5. corndiggity

Lifting heavy in season.....

I've been doing 531 for a few years now. This spring I switched to a 2day/wk routine and love it so far. DL/OHP on Sunday and Squat/Bench Thursday. These may change depending on league and tourney skeds and what not but it's going good. Leave lots of time for ball and additional...
  6. corndiggity

Anyone build there own BP pitching screen ?

Not on a scale. I had it in a canvas bag that those foldup launch chairs came in for a while but it didn't last long. It's now in a heavier duty bag. I'd say the whole thing weighs maybe 40lbs give or take. Heavy enough to stand up but not so much that you can't carry it. Pieces are 3"...
  7. corndiggity

Anyone build there own BP pitching screen ?

threaded steel pipes from the home depot and net I got off ebay. Has held up for dozens of rounds with no issues
  8. corndiggity

New Powerlifting Routine

How the **** do you peak on 5/3/1? I'm guessing you have now lifted all the weights ever, cause that's really the only way I can see someone peaking on 5/3/1 after only 18 months. Either a) you didn't peak b) you weren't running the program correctly, or c) you're full of ****. Frankly...
  9. corndiggity

Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Hips Don't Lie: Fixing Your Force Couples A great article with a couple charts and workouts listing exercises and stretches/mobility work for addressing APT and PPT. Reverse crunches are on the list for APT.
  10. corndiggity

Winter Program?

I've been doing 5/3/1 for about 2 years now. For more info check out this forum. Wendler posts here constantly. http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/jim-wendler-531?s=forumIndexCat I've been working in 6+1 week sets. So you do your 531 weeks, increase TMs and repeat. Then...
  11. corndiggity

Lecithin

Cutler King looks like mostly D3, which is a good thing to be supplementing. Especially this time of year.
  12. corndiggity

Attacking the ball

http://www.t-nation.com/training/flat-butt-fix
  13. corndiggity

Sport...so we don't hijack another thread!

Crossfitters aren't athletes (and neither are body builders)
  14. corndiggity

League home run rules

Leagues around here are usually either +2 (mens) or +1 (mixed). Works well. If you have two teams that can both hit them, then it becomes about timing them. You can end up allowing a team to hit 4 at an inopportune time. If only one team can hit them, use them wisely. By +2, I mean that any...
  15. corndiggity

Salomon Speedcross 3's?

I picked up both the Speedcross 3's and a pair of Adidas Vigors. Used both for a few BP sessions and both are great - make my tanels feel like cinder blocks. I think I'l wear the Vigors over the Salomons for game 1 though as they feel (and look) a little more like a shoe and not just a canvas...
  16. corndiggity

Pelvic Rotation.

I'm a programmer so I spend a LOT of time sitting in a chair and had (have) APT. Stretching and mobility work has helped a ton. Remember when you're stretching quads and hip flexors (psoas stretch), to actively try to prevent the pelvis from tipping forward.
  17. corndiggity

Pelvic Rotation.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/hips_dont_lie_fixing_your_force_couples http://www.t-nation.com/training/trouble-with-the-tilt-correcting-apt
  18. corndiggity

lifting as a teen vs adult

Getting him on and used to a more structured plan may help. Not only in seeing better, more efficient gains now, but staying in the game long term when the teenage gains start tapering off and a more intelligent approach is required. But yeah at that age, lift, eat sleep. If he's athletic...
  19. corndiggity

home gym is finally "complete"

That rogue is a beaut. The bench looks solid too. I was looking at the R1 and told myself I'd pick it up next Christmas if I stayed with it. Found the used rack and it was too good of a deal to pass up. How do you like that hex bar? I was looking to pick one up used but the guy wanted like...
  20. corndiggity

home gym is finally "complete"

I solved the j-hook problem. You can see how much they stick out from this angle. Starting 5/3/1 again with the big 4 lifts. The plan is to start very light and do a lot of body weight assistance movements through the ball season. As fall starts into winter, the weights should be getting...