Search results

1. jameybaxter

So this happened today. What's the correct call?

In Baseball you would be out for being hit, in slowpitch softball, that is not the case. It is a safety issue because we do not allow leading off and runner must remain in contact until contact with the ball is made by batter. You are not allowed to intentionally interfere with a batted ball...
  2. jameybaxter

For Sale 27 Blue line 26 Fire and Ice

not interested in that.
  3. jameybaxter

Official 2019 Last AB Thread

slide. wet turf.
  4. jameybaxter

Official 2019 Last AB Thread

My last AB resulted in a dislocated ankle. And yes, I was safe.
  5. jameybaxter

For Sale 27 Blue line 26 Fire and Ice

26oz fire and ice SOLD ($130) 27oz blue line SOLD ($130) dont have the other barcode for the F&I yes, they are both HOT. Only had the F&I less than 3 months. Got it from a gal who bought it and never swung it. These have not have not seen a ton of usage because of surgeries (knee, tommy...
  6. jameybaxter

ACI and Meniscus Allograft

Oh my pt's are great...I just need a time machine :) They are progressing it slowly because the damage to my cartilage was worse than first thought. I basically had 4 surgeries at one time, and they thought they were going to have to remove and relocate my patellar tendon. Fortunately, they...
  7. jameybaxter

Ok, a bit of a brag post

Yeah, we got bumped :) That is pretty much all we got out of the deal, LOL. We knew that was going to happen, and we don't mind. It is part of being successful. If more teams bitched less and played more, then the game would be better off. Like most of you guys (and gals) who have...
  8. jameybaxter

Ok, a bit of a brag post

My team pretty much **** the bed at worlds, but we had a GREAT year and finished as the #1 team in D USSSA. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to play since the end of May due to injury and surgeries, but I have been there to "coach" and hang out! What, you might ask, do they give you for being #1...
  9. jameybaxter

ACI and Meniscus Allograft

Had it done 2 weeks ago. 4th knee surgery. Seriously, I didn't know it was possible to be in this much pain, even on pain meds. I just THOUGHT I had a high pain tolerance. Almost passed out in my first PT session. Dr asked if I would do it again...ummmm, HELL NO. Not based upon...
  10. jameybaxter

Anybody had a Makoplasty partial knee replacement done

Let us know how it goes. I am having a meniscus transplant later this year.
  11. jameybaxter

What's it gonna take?

You guys are 100% wrong on new liability. They are actually more liable now, as they are keenly aware of the risk, yet do nothing in the rules. They would be no more liable than baseball or football leagues are that set the minimum guidelines of nocsae certification as approved equipment.
  12. jameybaxter

Best Pitchers Mask

lax mask. Cut the center vert bar right in front of your eyes. The Worth "helmet" is NOT impact rated. It is just a plastic shell with foam in it.
  13. jameybaxter

Sponsorship Letter

this is the one we use.... We had a lot of success using something like this, and playing a lot, and spending time in local businesses and networking with the decision makers in those businesses. Some of them play ball also! This was done in publisher, and it seriously took me less than an...
  14. jameybaxter

Price Check Miken NRG 500

Yeah, it got carried in the bag a few years (after ASA died here), and then has been a decoration in my garage for the past few years. Thanks for the input.
  15. jameybaxter

Price Check Miken NRG 500

I am donating a bat to an organization that asked me what "fair market value" of the bat is. I have no idea what to tell them. I am meeting the folks this evening. Any ideas?
  16. jameybaxter

2015 Worth 2 Legit?

I'd love to know if anyone can compare this one to the grey one.
  17. jameybaxter

Careful when taking supplements with sucrolose

Yeah, chlorine atoms are bad. You know what else has chlorine atoms? ANYTHING THAN HAS SALT IN IT. It is also in your public drinking water. If you swim in a pool, you are subjecting yourself to it. It is in most OTC and prescription medications. It is in your own digestive...
  18. jameybaxter

Ever hit this practice ball?

we have hit these a few times now. they are good. You HAVE to hit them on the screws to get them to go anywhere, but they will fly out. I recommend not having guys try to field them. The outer cover is HARD, but they are soft enough that they will bounce erratically.
  19. jameybaxter

Fun Tournament Format Idea

No, it he gets on or anyone on base gets out after he puts the ball in play, it is over.
  20. jameybaxter

Ever hit this practice ball?

I am not worried about hitting them 330', I just don't want to shatter my bats and be out $330. I am getting tired of replacing bats. I kept a psycho and nrg asa for cole weather bp. Sold the psycho...