Search results

1. newbroom

Minimum clearance for on deck circle?

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, MicheleG. I have taken your advice. Thanks Joker, I'll check that out right now. you did that on purpose? not THAT funny.
  2. newbroom

USSSA Minimum clearance for on deck circle?

So far, the links I've clicked have led to a 404 report. I have looked at several sets of rules and have found no reference to the on deck batter. Our field is tight and it's MY belief that a new rule for the on deck batter to be on the field in a designated area along the first base line, is...
  3. newbroom

USSSA Minimum clearance for on deck circle?

We play on a field with tight dimensions and I wonder what, if any, rules are in force about separation of the playing field and the on deck circle(s)? For instance, I've seen minimal clearance requirements for the backstop. We're a senior league and have already had one guy lose his teeth...
  4. newbroom

Minimum clearance for on deck circle?

Our League President has instilled an X & O staging system for upcoming batters. The idea is to keep people ready to get to the batter's box. Problem I see is that there really isn't enough room to safely accomplish this at the field we use. Does anyone know where I could find anything in...
  5. newbroom

USSSA Rules and equipment VS. ASA's Stuff

I was MORE interested in the equipment side...interesting about the foul out rule difference.
  6. newbroom

USSSA Rules and equipment VS. ASA's Stuff

My senior league has changed in the 3 years I was away. Now they're adopting USSSA rules as a foundation, with their own peculiar modifications. I would like to know about ANY significant differences in equipment (USSSA / ASA) or about any rules disparities or opinions about them, Thanks!:thumb:
  7. newbroom

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?: Liking winning or hating losing?

a dichotomy on the one hand, by competing, you have to be willing to lose. I'm ALL IN!
  8. newbroom

Need Hitting advice

What adjustments can be made, what mechanics to look at or focus on for possible twea I laid off playing for three years after having found my stroke in a seniors league and felt like every time at bat was my time. Coming back I find that it's primarily my timing that needs improvement. I tend...
  9. newbroom

strained quad(pulled)

get neoprene thigh wraps and wear them religiously. put em on as tight as you can.
  10. newbroom

26 oz balanced catty

l just started BACK after a 3 yr layoff. Broke my aluminum bat in half at batting practice after having hit with it for 4 years previously. Picked up a 2012 Yellow Cat, 27 oz. on the Bay for $100 incl. shipping. It looked barely used and I've been getting amazing results with it and it just...
  11. newbroom

What`s Your Game Bat This Year

I was in love with my WS23xtra...then I broke it in half...my back up was a Freak 98 that I'd picked up used in a deal with a club member and I really hadn't felt that it produced (yet) as well as the Xtra.... so...I'd been away from the league for 3 yrs....and found out they were using usssa...
  12. newbroom

Noob to USSSA, looking for a new bat

I picked up a 2012 27 oz. Catalyst balanced and it will do anything I want from line drives to mammoth shots...$100 on ebay...supposed to be very durable..I'm 200 lbs..and it feels light....I have to correct for overswing (and a bum right shoulder) by closing and hitting to right, but, it's...
  13. newbroom

ASA vs USSSA Bats ?

Bats...they remind me of baseball cards. New ones every year and you never know what you're gonna get. Which manufacturer's product is the most consistently 'good'...seems like it's miken...and maybe even then they've made a dud or two?
  14. newbroom

Indian vs Arrow

I picked one up from a guy in our league after using it once and hitting a bomb. I tried it a few times and it felt so much different than my Worth ES23extra that I didn't feel comfortable and I packed it.... I took 3 1/2 yrs off from playing...started hitting with the Freak...decided to go...
  15. newbroom

ASA vs USSSA Bats ?

I thought those guys were giving me a load of bs. I've got my Freak98 I picked up just before I left on hiatus 3 1/2 yrs ago....and I've seen lots of the guys now hitting it a lot further and sharper...turned out they were using USSSA bats and there was suggestion of rolling and shaving... I...
  16. newbroom

ASA vs USSSA Bats ?

I hadn't been keeping up with the league the last 3 1/2 years...and when I got back with em they said they'd voted to accept USSSA bats. Our league is based upon ASA regs....I wonder if the USSSA bat is significantly hotter? or not?
  17. newbroom

Do you know anything about a DeMarini Fatboy made in the year 2000?...is that an asa bat, too?

Do you know anything about a DeMarini Fatboy made in the year 2000?...is that an asa bat, too?
  18. newbroom

There is a possibility that you could get into a game. We do have liability wavers and club dues...

There is a possibility that you could get into a game. We do have liability wavers and club dues but I'll check it out with our league President and get back to ya....How long will you be here? How old are you? You've got to be at least 55 and most of us are closer to 70...(I'm just a kid in...
  19. newbroom

USSSA FAQ's

I've played in a league now for 3 years....the "powers that be" have always said that bats were to be stamped ASA....but...now that I've read their/our rules....I find out that we're playing under the auspices/guise/bylaws/rules of the USSSA....does this mean that I should be allowed more leeway...