Noob to USSSA, looking for a new bat

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
there are used L1's up for sale in the selling section everyday for between 125-165 depending on condition, and most people don't worry about the warranty because they either don't play enuff or swing hard enuff to breaks bats... as for the "Easton guys are a cult following and should get along with the Combat guys good" sure sounds like ****talking to me bro... I have seen people break numerous Z bats in colder weather and some w Worth... so for a cult bat, ill bet there are just as many or more loyal Easton guys that TPS guys.... seeme like juts a short year ago when you couldn't even get a TPS Z because of "production issues" ... now im juts stating my opinion, which should be legal in the good ol USA.....

Super

Yes used for that, NIW for 150 so what? I paid 150 NIW for my z2000 RI and? I am not biased towards one company I have owned and swung bats from all of them. RIght now I swing a z if tomorrow another company has a bat that comes out and fits my swing etc, I will swing that. It just seems that Easton and combat have more of a cult following. That even if they are turds they will still tell you they are the best you can swing no matter what. Easton, back lets say 4 to 5 years ago didnt have but maybe one USSSA bat that was good they all felt like logs. I had a scn17 and a scn16bh that were horrible even though everyone here in the easton section was singing their praises when they came out

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
So I'm playing in USSSA league for the first time and the only bat I have is the ASA Ultra, which I'm not wild about.

I've been looking at the Booger reissue, the Pink Worth Legit, or maybe a Z3K.

I like 27oz and I don't really hit for power, but on occasion can get over the fence.

Any recommendations on what to get? I borrowed a Z1K a few years ago and liked it a bunch, same with that pink legit. Thanks.

IMHO you should try either the Easton SP12st98 or sp12st100(h) or the 2014 Mikens or the Z series... see what feels the best and gives you the best result as far as feela nd performance... that would be my suggestion... sorry your thread got hijacked and in a pissing match between the almighty do no wrong made of candy cane Z's and the lowly cult worshipping Easton series bats.... :wtf2:

Super

revilo

Extra Hitter
I've used Mikens almost exclusively, but I was very disappointed with the ASA Ultra and the Triad that I sold quickly on Craigslist last year. That's why I wanted to ask about other brands. As far as Easton goes, I borrowed a Synergy a couple of years ago that I liked a lot, but again, I'm just looking to see if there's a consensus on what's the best buy for around 230 or so. The Z3K is alittle out of my price range and might not even be worth it according to some of these posts.

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
IMHO you should try either the Easton SP12st98 or sp12st100(h) or the 2014 Mikens or the Z series... see what feels the best and gives you the best result as far as feela nd performance... that would be my suggestion... sorry your thread got hijacked and in a pissing match between the almighty do no wrong made of candy cane Z's and the lowly cult worshipping Easton series bats.... :wtf2:

Super

lol too funny I didnt mean to hijack but gave my opinion I wish they were candy canes definitely be worth the money then. You could get something out of them after they broke

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
I've used Mikens almost exclusively, but I was very disappointed with the ASA Ultra and the Triad that I sold quickly on Craigslist last year. That's why I wanted to ask about other brands. As far as Easton goes, I borrowed a Synergy a couple of years ago that I liked a lot, but again, I'm just looking to see if there's a consensus on what's the best buy for around 230 or so. The Z3K is alittle out of my price range and might not even be worth it according to some of these posts.

Honestly the z3000 isnt worth it for the price it is at right now. A lot better deals out there on good bats.

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
Yes used for that, NIW for 150 so what? I paid 150 NIW for my z2000 RI and? I am not biased towards one company I have owned and swung bats from all of them. RIght now I swing a z if tomorrow another company has a bat that comes out and fits my swing etc, I will swing that. It just seems that Easton and combat have more of a cult following. That even if they are turds they will still tell you they are the best you can swing no matter what. Easton, back lets say 4 to 5 years ago didnt have but maybe one USSSA bat that was good they all felt like logs. I had a scn17 and a scn16bh that were horrible even though everyone here in the easton section was singing their praises when they came out

ill bet that the scn17bh has been named one of eastons best bats ever made, and if people could find one w a new stamp they would be swept up at most any price, for you to label the scn17bh as a log shows me you have never really swung Easton bats,,, it was the predecessor to the 2012sy98 sy100 st98,100 series and some of the best Easton bats to date...again JMHO...I swing a lot of bats to try them but I myself prefer the feel, performance and durability of the Easton bats ... I still have the very first L1 from 2013 I got as a return for an ST100H, it has 3000 + swing and is really nasty, ...again JMHO... take it for what its worth... im sure ALOT of guys would agree thet the 17BH was one of the best bats Easton has made ...

Super

revilo

Extra Hitter
The other issue is that the season is going to start at the end of March this year, and being in the Midwest, that is going to make for some cold games early into the year.

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy

try the new 2014 Miken dc41 two piece you wont be disappointed at all!!!!

Super

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans

Both of those bats will take a **** load of BP to get really good. Do you not BP much or just give up on a bat when it doesnt give you instant gratification?

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
i would only use information from these GTG bros that are responding.
almost every brand has a top tier bat. too bad hanovi doesn't swing one.
like its been said over and over and over, it all depends on what you like to swing. i like short barrel, flexy bats that happen to hit the **** out of the ball. demarini makes a bat for that.
my recommendation, and this is not the word of god.
-Demarini(shocker) CL22u or stadium 2.1, i love the j3u but not many others do
-Easton Lv1, 100h, 100w
-Miken Psycho

revilo

Extra Hitter
As for trying out a bat, do you guys just buy one, take a few swings and then return it? There's not really a shop out here that sells bats.

-Six-

Weiner
As for trying out a bat, do you guys just buy one, take a few swings and then return it? There's not really a shop out here that sells bats.

thats what the buy sell trade is for here. Buy a bat and dont like it move it here and try something someone else didnt care for until you find one you like.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
i used the boards and some that other guys owned. you can buy a used bat for $150, swing it, don't like it for whatever reason and sell it back on the board for $150. you basically eat the shipping to try it out.

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
ill bet that the scn17bh has been named one of eastons best bats ever made, and if people could find one w a new stamp they would be swept up at most any price, for you to label the scn17bh as a log shows me you have never really swung Easton bats,,, it was the predecessor to the 2012sy98 sy100 st98,100 series and some of the best Easton bats to date...again JMHO...I swing a lot of bats to try them but I myself prefer the feel, performance and durability of the Easton bats ... I still have the very first L1 from 2013 I got as a return for an ST100H, it has 3000 + swing and is really nasty, ...again JMHO... take it for what its worth... im sure ALOT of guys would agree thet the 17BH was one of the best bats Easton has made ...

Super

I didnt say scn17 bh but scn17

Hanovi

Desperados Softball

Super

I guess you don't know your eastons very well scn17BH is a great bat scn17was a yellow and black turd but I don't know what I am talking about huh

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
Not sure why everyone keeps comparing the 2013 models prices to the Z3? The big 3's 2014 prices are the same right now. You can find most 2013 Demar's and RI's for $170 NIW and Easton's are closer to $150. I think most can agree that these are the 3 best manufacturers at the moment.

Blackouts are very underrated but don't fit near as many peoples swing. Still a bat worth having in your bag.

I like the Duo 3 and the pink Legit, but other than that I'm not a fan of any other Worth bat.

Easton really has it together with their durability and hotness. I agree that there is a cult following for them which has people thinking they are all equal, but there are some definite duds. L1 is decent, but the 100 series bats are straight up monsters!

Demarini has the best ASA line hands down IMO. The CL22 is the Utrip gem, but not a fan of any others.

Louisville Slugger is definitely the most talked about. It has it's die hard fans and it's irrational haters. People talk about the durability issues with the Z's mostly because that's ALL anyone ever wants to talk about with the Z's. I have several Z's because they have been what I like swinging the best. Some people like them and some people hate them, but I don't see how anyone can ever say they are not fire sticks! The ASA Z2k's are crap IMO though.

Combat is a cheap option for a good stick. I have only swung a few, but haven't found one that I like very much.

The new Miken Psycho's are nasty right out of the wrapper, but have had a few friends already break theirs so I've been reluctant to buy one myself. Miken's are the bat of choice to get shaved.

newbroom

Addicted to Softballfans
So I'm playing in USSSA league for the first time and the only bat I have is the ASA Ultra, which I'm not wild about.

I've been looking at the Booger reissue, the Pink Worth Legit, or maybe a Z3K.

I like 27oz and I don't really hit for power, but on occasion can get over the fence.

Any recommendations on what to get? I borrowed a Z1K a few years ago and liked it a bunch, same with that pink legit. Thanks.

I picked up a 2012 27 oz. Catalyst balanced and it will do anything I want from line drives to mammoth shots...$100 on ebay...supposed to be very durable..I'm 200 lbs..and it feels light....I have to correct for overswing (and a bum right shoulder) by closing and hitting to right, but, it's effective. We hit 375/44...and even though the bat is light, it has terrific response.

KannonsDad

**** you
Gold Dots.

In ASA, I was using a black & yellow 454 and the ASA Ultra

If you like those bats, I'd try to find something similar. There are lots of great options out there, it might take some trial and error to find what fits your swing.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I guess what it comes down to is whether you want a bat to instantly hit bombs out of the wrapper (but have crappy durability), or a bat that will start a bit stiff and get hotter over time. Sorry to say, but any of the Zs are turds. They feel like crap, cost too much and break too easily. Then LS's customer service treats you like a criminal when you try to return it.

For sheer versatility, Easton is where its at. They make balanced and endloaded USSSA bats with 12-13.5" barrels. The durability and feel are unmatched and so is the CS. There are other worthy models out from Demarini, Worth and Miken, but I have less experience with those companies. From a durability/performance standpoint though you aren't going to beat Easton.

Of the major bat manufacturers LS is the last company I'd currently buy a bat from. IMO they haven't made a truly worthy bat since the OG Catalyst. I actually have the red EL Catalyst. It's a decent bat, but doesn't hold a candle to the yellow one.

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
I guess you don't know your eastons very well scn17BH is a great bat scn17was a yellow and black turd but I don't know what I am talking about huh

actually the scn17 is grey w yellow and white graphics.. so i guess you don't know **** about bats….i know because I've swung nearly every bat that Easton has ever made

SCN17-- grey w yellow and white graphics
fo11es.jpg

SCN17BH--white w black and grey graphics
28m3ihu.jpg

if you actually read my post you would see that i referred to the scn17bh each time… :loser:

Super

Last edited:

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
**** you trainwreck you and superfonzie boyfriends or what

someone got his feeling hurt…, AWWWWWWW… why do you have to continually hijack this guys thread, you stated you opinion that you like TPS … and some stated they like others, and prefer other models … i post that i like the Easton lineup and you turn into a jackass… GFY

Super

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
Worth - Durability issues
Z2000 reissue / Z3000 - Best bat on the market hands down haters will be haters

Mizuno Blackout - Can't go wrong here great bat after 200-300 cuts
Demarini - Pretty good better than worth
Combat - Have followers that rave about them
Miken - Not as good as the top four

I use to swing nothing but Worth and Miken switched to a Z and haven't looked back. I swung a bunch of Demarinis and Combats this spring so far, and I guess it must be a feel type thing cause I wasn't impressed with them.

seems that LS still has issues, and i see lots of these and have teammates that deal with this every week.. so yes LS still has durability issues here is my proof, when is the let time you heard of an Easton breaking in 25 swings … maybe never!!!! sorry to prove you wrong Hanovi… nah actually I'm not!!!!

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1347721

Super