Search results

1. T

Protein powder ingredients and why...

Lots of interesting thoughts in here. I used to be a supp guy and having the pleasure of working with a dietitian and learning more about the topic, I’m down to one scoop protein a day to supplement my diet/goals. All that other stuff is a waste of money IMO because do we as customers really...
  2. T

Drill to help whipping wrists ?

How bout some good ol BP to help with your swing? Maybe get stronger too so you can swing harder?
  3. T

PHX USSSA

Hate the winters... but couldn't pass up a job. Hows my favorite westsider doing?
  4. T

Looking to Play. Arizona

Still looking for a team my dude?? Jesus times are rough out there!!!
  5. T

LFT in Arizona!

Someone on this site isn't a major player? Doesn't hit 500ft bombs? I dont believe it....... Cags must be a troll account.
  6. T

PHX USSSA

Maybe people are realizing softball isn't life.....
  7. T

Waukesha bp thread v3.0

I could be interested in playing SS.
  8. T

Varo bat weight

Using a bat weight could be detrimental to "grooving" your swing. You will have to compensate with the extra weight. Just watch videos and take BP.
  9. T

Arm Strength

Must have the ability to get overhead properly before doing shoulder press. If a person doesn't, can lead to imbalances and other issues in the low back, hips, etc.
  10. T

40" box jump yesterday

If I can figure out how to post a video, I have a good one of an athlete I work with completing a good box jump.
  11. T

Arm Strength

Or lifting weights to help strengthen the shoulder will help. Too much emphasis on band work. Bands have a place but weights should be included and more than just Jobe exercises
  12. T

Arm Strength

I hear Tommy John works wonders as well. :)
  13. T

Dislocated shoulder

Agree with the above post. Once it pops out the anterior part of your shoulder will be weak and it will occur much more frequently with any trauma. Shoulder stability will be key to long term health of the shoulder as a whole. And that goes without saying you'll need to strengthen it
  14. T

Easton Classic

The weather is awesome!!!! 65 on Monday, 4" of snow on Tuesday! Gotta love the midwest.... But I work inside so its not too big an issue.
  15. T

Wendler 5/3/1 vs. Strong Lifts 5x5

Just recently saw an article by Dan John with a "one exercise a day" workout. I kinda want to try it. Looks terrible.
  16. T

40" box jump yesterday

Your hips aren't mobile enough for a box that high. Considering you want to land the way you took off (and I doubt you took off like that), the box it too high. You will be move explosive if you lower the box and own that height and progress as you get stronger. Side note: The fascination with...
  17. T

Thinking I am just going to stay with the Cressey stuff I have been doing. Just happened to be looking for a little different style workout but kinda decided against it since then. Thanks for all the input.
  18. T

Easton Classic

Well, maybe Gambill and I will have to make appearances in here on occasion! And softball fans as a whole is not as busy as it used to be.
  19. T

Hip flexor recovery and prevention

This.... And if it's not a fracture, there are PRI drills that work wonders. Also, working on mobility and stability of the hips and core can assist in getting you feeling better.
  20. T

Confused muscles..... Great money making words!