Search results

1. Hellens

Sorry, another bat thread

I will at least try and be specific. After looking in most manufacturer forums, I got some information and I almost bought a '14 Juggy, but figured I'd ask for some opinions in case I'm missing some hidden gems. The B4 interested me as well, but the reported break in times scared me off a bit...
  2. Hellens

LTB SCN3 26 oz

Need a lighter OG for my Fastpitch league. Missed out on a couple nice ones last month, seeing if anyone has some available.
  3. Hellens

Fastpitch bat suggestions

In the market for a new bat for my Fastpitch league. I have been using the SCN9 which is great, but I want to go down a couple of ounces. I have had great success with Pre-ABIs (Flex, Extended, SCN9 and OG Recoil specifically) and am leaning towards one of those again. However, I figured I'd...
  4. Hellens

Technique question on cutting

In watching the video below, it looks like the hitter is getting great results in ball flight with a nice cut. I notice his back elbow is pointed down, and his starting bat angle is much flatter than what I've been used to and taught over the years. So is this a good technique that enables a...
  5. Hellens

Ball recommendations

A buddy took over a local league and wants to find the right ball to use from here on out. It's an interesting league, as they have zero bat restrictions, so anything is legal. However, the fences are only about 285-290. So I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for a ball that...
  6. Hellens

Swing Analysis needed

Took some BP in the Fast Pitch cage yesterday. My upper body mechanics seem to be okay, but my lower body just seems... off. Anyone have any suggestions for improvements? www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0qolGbs_ao
  7. Hellens

Of all DeMarini bats of any association...

... if you were in a league that had absolutely no bat restrictions, what would you swing? There are two leagues in this area that don't follow any association rules, just use their own. Both use Worth Super Gold Dots (.44/375). I prefer the balance point on my ASA VX2, as it just fits my...
  8. Hellens

Hip/Leg exercises

Last few years I've done a lot of work on my upper body strength and conditioning, but like most noob guys just trying to get a beach body, I've neglected my core and my legs. The extra strength in my upper body is not translating into more power at the plate and though my mechanics are solid...
  9. Hellens

For Sale/Trade ASA Recoil 250 28 oz

Looking to trade primarily, but price would be $175. DeMarini and Easton bats have worked the best for me, so I'd prefer a 27 oz in those. 28 balanced is acceptable too. edit: Scale weight is 28.8 oz, with the grip n rip attached. About 700 hits (bought it from board bro and was around 500...
  10. Hellens

When "The Boss" realizes...

As I was cleaning out the bat bag last night, my 5 bats were on the ground when my fiancee walked in. After taking a few seconds to look at my collection (which is beginner by Board Bro standards), I could see her mood start to change instantly. Then the questions started to come: "How...
  11. Hellens

VX2 and One.12 stealing the show

Had our first official team BP last night where I was busting out my new VX2 for the first time. A teammate just got a 30 ounce One.12 a few weeks ago as well, so this was the first couple of DeMarini's for the group to use since we've mainly been Miken/Easton guys in this region forever. 8...
  12. Hellens

Price Check Miken Recoil 250 28oz

Haven't been able to truly spend the right time to open this bad boy up yet. It flies when I hit the sweetspot, I just can't seem to find it often enough compared to what else I have. I should be patient, so I'm testing the waters and seeing what this guy is worth. I'd say this has about...
  13. Hellens

VX2 (ASA) Questions

Okay, I've spent WAY too much time in the search engine in this forum, typed in VX2 and looked at all the 10-12 pages of threads and still can't really find definitive answers for my questions. I TRIED, so I won't accept flaming for not using the search function. (But go ahead and rip me for...
  14. Hellens

ROI on Bats discussion

As I'm bored at work doing Return of Investment projections for upcoming meetings, it got me thinking about the bats we're all investing heavily in. Specifically, are the prices we are paying worth it for the performance we are getting? I mean I really would love an Extended, Flex, or RD28...
  15. Hellens

GTG brock_25

Was a top notch seller to deal with. Fast shipping and easy to deal with, bat came as advertised. Can't ask for more from a GTG board bro.
  16. Hellens

GTG AggieBVD04

Just adding to his list of positive feedback. Bat was shipped within an hour of receiving payment and arrived promptly and in great condition. Also a fair price on the stick so both parties were happy. Highly recommended if you like quick and easy deals that go smoothly!
  17. Hellens

GTG Sixes

Yet another good deal for Sixes, his good reputation is well earned. Easy to deal with, and very helpful with best practices for selling on the forums. Highly recommended
  18. Hellens

For Sale/Trade AV 28 oz Balanced

Deal Pending I just never could get into this bat, wanted to fall in love with it so much, but just felt more comfortable with my Recoil. As you can see from the pics, there are some paint issues from some horrible fields I play on, but bat only has about 250 swings on it now, if that. I...
  19. Hellens

GTG bamaboy1626 is GTG

Very easy to deal with, the Recoil was a great price and in great condition. And it arrived about a week earlier than I was hoping! Can't ask for much more than that.