Search results

1. cast44

Miken Triad 3 STRIMA Broken Knob

The knob of my Triad 3 came off. Any recommendations as to an epoxy that would fix it. A friend recommended JB Weld. Thank you for any ideas.
  2. cast44

Durability + Performance= Fall Bat

Thank You Thanks for all the responses and opinions. A friend of mine has an old Recoil I may use. Where my head is at... Warm weather, when the 375/44s are more affected by heat/humidity (we start in mid-August) I may risk a current ASA bats life. Once it turns cold, I will opt for the Recoil...
  3. cast44

Durability + Performance= Fall Bat

I play ASA and my gamer for 52/300s is the DNA...love the bat. This fall I will be playing 50+ for the first time. The league uses 44/375s and does not allow Senior Bats. I live in the Chicago area so game time temps late in the year will be in the 40s and those balls will be rocks. I am still...
  4. cast44

Any April Tournaments in NW Indiana?

Our league does not start until May. Looking to play in an April tournament in NW Indiana or the south burbs of Chicago. Thanks for any leads.
  5. cast44

Getting rid of Plantar fasciitis

Heel Lift and Strassburg Sock Lots of good advice so far. Would add to the stretching, water bottle, Advil and insoles two additional things. Someone earlier referred to a night splint. I have used a Strassburg Sock. They are available at a store that caters to runners and cost around 30...
  6. cast44

Batting Glove of Choice for Pinky Droppers

Great Feedback Thanks for all the feedback, most appreciated!
  7. cast44

Batting Glove of Choice for Pinky Droppers

I drop my pinky (botton hand) completely off the knob and wrap my ring finger around the knob. I use a bit of a golf grip angle. Even w/ a know cuff, I tear up at least two pairs of batting gloves each year as the knob wears a hole in the botton hand glove. Was considering buying Spyder Webs...
  8. cast44

Good wood bat to take to the batting cage

I like this Metal Wood: http://www.metalwoodbats.com/
  9. cast44

Size Matters- Do these shirts look right to you?

And it was good So I took the advice of not saying a word. Handed them out to my guys and they loved them. Looks like I was making a big deal out of nothing. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the input. Best to all this season.
  10. cast44

Now, this made me laugh. Thanks for the input. Consensus seems to be it looks OK and I should not worry about it.
  11. cast44

Board Bros, appealing to the court of public opinion to get your thoughts on something. Ordered jerseys from Boombah and I love the quality and colors. I HATE that the left chest logo is too small. The royal and blue is the new one and the navy and blue is the old. I received a mock-up of...
  12. cast44

LTB LTB- 2011 27 or 28 Salvo

Please PM.
  13. cast44

Customize an existing glove

Thanks for the input Yeah, unfortuntately taking it apart is what I have read as well...the laser etching tip is intriguing, will look that up. Nonetheless, if anybody else knows of "another way" where you don't have to take it apart, and/or someone who can take it apart and put it back...
  14. cast44

Customize an existing glove

Bought my daughter her first glove from the Rawlings store and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that embroiders gloves. Figured putting her name in pink may make her like it more:-). The custom guys do it when you order from them, but I did a search and did not find much on getting an...
  15. cast44

Bob Beamon Moments

Fun topic on a boring Monday- In the 1968 Mexico City Olympics Bob Beamon jumped something like 30 inches further than he ever had to break the world long jump record by over 21 inches. Have you ever witnessed the “softball equivalent”? I will go first… Guy on our team for two years, had seen...
  16. cast44

Best Exit Ever

Details Love the Farve refs:-). Retiring guy not an SBF'er. Homers were all between 310-330 (or 350-380 using SBF distance factor) It woulda, coulda, shoulda been even more "Hollywood" had we not blown the game last week. Lost 19-18 w/ two outs in the bottom of 7th and bases loaded. That game...
  17. cast44

Best Exit Ever

Friend of mine who I have played w/ for 10 years told us at the start of the season that this would be his last year. Tonight was his last game, goes 4-4, 3 HR's, including a 3 R walk-off. THAT is the way to make an exit!
  18. cast44

ASA ASA Illegal Pitch Call

Thanks Thank you for all of the feedback. I guess to boil it down, where in the rule book does it state anything about having to make a verbal call? I would like to show this to him, otherwise..business as usual I guess.
  19. cast44

ASA ASA Illegal Pitch Call

I play in an ASA league and we had a substitute ump last night. Good guy, but he would not call illegal on balls that were too high or flat until they had crossed the plate. In my experience ASA umps have always called illegal "as soon as possible". Talked to him after the game and asked. He...
  20. cast44

Weird Science

And now...the rest of the story Too funny. Go on a business trip and come back to see what has become of the thread. To those who wanted results. Used the same beat up 44/375 Dudley to control that variable. Best BBS off tee w/ F98= 92 (125) w/ Catty= 91 (124)...