Search results

1. sportwarrior

ball go "phhhhhewwwww!!" 19 nautalai el

I bought a 2019 Nautalai 28.5 oz back in February and loved the thing. It lasted till about September till it started cracking and finally blew in October. I received the 2020 as a replacement in the first week of November and it just cracked after less than 100 swings. It was crazy hot while...
  2. sportwarrior

DB44/Nautalai

I've got a 29oz DB44 Nautalai coming in tomorrow and am ridiculously excited to get it in hand. I'm in love with my 28.5oz Nautalai but am stoked to get something with a little more weight in the trunk. Gonna swing it in a local tourney this weekend and will report back.
  3. sportwarrior

Price check 2017 Juggy ASA

Great bat here for those that like whippy end loads. Find it a good home!
  4. sportwarrior

2018 flipper usa

FWIW, I personally have not been as happy with my 2018 flipper as I was with my 2015 or 2016 bats. It just isn't quite squaring the ball the same way.
  5. sportwarrior

Amcom Tourneys

I find Facebook is a must in San Diego as far as tournament information goes. The larger sanctioned tourneys are all posted on their respective association websites, but if you want to find something more local it's almost always posted through certain Facebook groups and chats. We've got 3 or 4...
  6. sportwarrior

2019 Utrip DeMarini's

Got it. Sounds like we're pretty much of the same mind. Well, mostly. I own a 2016 DC41 and had no idea it had anything to do with Denny until the 2017 models came out. Also, until your post I legitimately thought his name was "Crane." Signatures mean a lot to me, apparently.
  7. sportwarrior

2019 Utrip DeMarini's

Why does anyone care whose name is on a bat? I'm genuinely asking, because all that's ever mattered to me is how a bat's weighting and balance and barrel suits my swing. Will Denny Crane bring particular measurements with him to his Demarini bats? Or are people really just super into signature bats?
  8. sportwarrior

Anarchy Phantom Utrip

I had the opportunity to swing a 27 Phantom a few weekends ago. It was definitely an easier bat for me to adapt to than the Ambassador or the Demon. It felt great and was fun to swing, but I wasn't coming off hotter than my 28 firm fireflex by all that much (if at all).
  9. sportwarrior

Anarchy Ambassador...more of the same goodness.

It took me a few swings to find the sweet spot on the Ambassador, but once I did that thing was firing lasers. Haven't had the opportunity to swing a Demon. The only ones I have access to are 26oz and that requires a bit too much swing modification for me to enjoy.
  10. sportwarrior

2019 Utrip DeMarini's

Honestly, I couldn't tell you exactly. I can tell you that my favorite bats of all time were 30oz 2015/16 AM Flippers, and that this bat fit my swing just as well or better than those bats did.
  11. sportwarrior

2019 Utrip DeMarini's

I had the privilege of swinging a 27.5 2019 Nautalai EL this weekend at Civil War in Southern California. That thing was absolutely fantastic. Before I had the opportunity to use it I was swinging the 2019 TM and was having zero luck. I'm sure part of my issue was the lighter weighting (26/27)...
  12. sportwarrior

A bazillion types of Fire Flex?

I'm not sure I've seen a general discussion/explanation of this. There are, by my estimation, 3,719 different types of Fire Flex bats. The only real listed differences seem to be barrel length and weight distribution, but that doesn't explain to me the wildly different price points and...
  13. sportwarrior

Price Check 2017 Miken Freak 30 (28oz)

Looking to get a price check on a 28oz F30 Highlighter with ~200 hits (mostly in-game). No cracks or rattles or end cap separation but lots of love/field rash. Receipt available w/o barcode. Plenty of pop but just hasn't been working with my swing lately.
  14. sportwarrior

Bat tape/Bat grips/knob cuffs

D--k's usually has them in store, but you can also find them pretty easily online with a search.
  15. sportwarrior

Bat tape/Bat grips/knob cuffs

I use 1.2mm Easton tape when available. 1.1mm lizard skin when not. I also use the Markwart Bat Cuff on all my bat. Makes dropping a finger way more comfortable.
  16. sportwarrior

What are you expecting this week from Easton?

Anyone know anything about the 2018 Easton Buddy Wolf Autism Awareness ASA bat? Looks like an endloaded Ghost-ish kind of deal?
  17. sportwarrior

1st impression ASA Ronin and Salvo

I actually owned an LX0 and loved it. Any bat that suits my swing as well as that one did AND makes me earn dingers has a special place in my heart.
  18. sportwarrior

1st impression ASA Ronin and Salvo

Keep working at that Salvo. I guess I can't speak for the 18, but almost every other Salvo I've ever swung has been a sneaky gem.
  19. sportwarrior

Freak K23 ASA

Honestly, with how hot bats are, I'm not sure why a league would use anything BUT 52s. If you can't pop a 52 over 300 feet, you weren't meant to hit dingers. /hijack
  20. sportwarrior

First Swings Twisted Mistress

Really curious to get some hard feedback on how these hold up. There was a socal Demarini tourney a little while back with provided bats and I heard the TMs were breaking right and left.