Search results

1. C

ASA Another ball thrown onto field during play

I thought I read this here once, but I cannot find it. Probably applies to any association as well. Foul ball hit out of play (ball #1). Play resumes with new ball (ball #2). Batter hits ball #2 to outfield fence. As the batter/runner is rounding 2nd base and heading to 3rd, someone...
  2. C

ASA DQ turns in to Ejection?

Happened last season but I was wondering if this team had grounds to appeal... Local league rule says no alcohol consumption during the game. If a player is caught drinking, then it is just a DQ. So if the team only started with 10, they could continue play but take the ghost out in that...
  3. C

Gripping Slippery Balls

Ok, Ok, go ahead and get it out of your system. I can't set them up and not expect someone to hit them... I only use my left hand. How slippery are they? That's what she said...etc, etc. :D Then, I want to know if any of you have tips/techniques when playing with a synthetic cover on wet...
  4. C

Another Recoil (ASA) question

I'm just getting back into softball after a few years off and looking to upgrade my equipment. From researching on this forum and elsewhere, I am pretty well set on finding an ASA Recoil, but I can't pull the trigger because I am undecided between the 180 and 250. I have read the posts on the...