Search results

1. TeacherMan78

Rawlings Outlet opinions

Anyone ever been to one? Any pros/cons? Just saw one opened up here in AZ
  2. TeacherMan78

For Trade Two nokonas

Two LHT for trade only Wmt1200 - conditioned couple of times, hand moved to smallest opening, broken in two in pink http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/cubsfannphx01/3966b615.jpg http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/cubsfannphx01/a4974321.jpg...
  3. TeacherMan78

Curious - what model does Pete Vinci use?

Title says it all...anyone know the answer to this? Just curious as to which glove he prefers based on the fact that he runs the company. Does he prefer a certain type of web/pattern/size...etc...
  4. TeacherMan78

Big Offer

Keeper league (any player in first 3 rounds cant be kept) Me giving up - Miguel Cabrera - non-keeper - CJ Wilson - keeper Him giving up - Joey Votto - keeper - Zack Greinke - keeper what does everyone think? p.s. - I have no chance of winning this league this year either
  5. TeacherMan78

Pujols finally homers

Will this be the beginning of him turning it around?
  6. TeacherMan78

Huge Trade Offer!!!

Guy has been offering me deals since draft ended - here is his latest - let me know what you think: He gets - Miguel Cabrera (non keeper) - Emilio Bonifacio (keeper possible) - Felix Hernandez (keeper possible) I get - Joey Votto (keeper) - Giancarlo (Mike)...
  7. TeacherMan78

Phoenix/Laveen

Looking to at least take some bp as I am new to softball...would not mind joining up with a team that at least is looking to try someone new also LHT, Outfield, bat right-handed
  8. TeacherMan78

Salvo purchase

With birthday gifts given, purchased my first softball bat today...Salvo...after looking at all the posts, this one seems to give the best bang for your buck...took it out for a little bit, and hit some balls off the tee...sadly, no idea how far I was hitting them as I was hitting at a...
  9. TeacherMan78

Loosen a mod trap web

Not that this is a major issue...have a 1275 mod trap walnut...anyone know how to loosen the web a bit to open up for a bigger pocket? ball sticks in there pretty well now, just curious if anyone knows how to do this...dont want to have major surgery on the thing either
  10. TeacherMan78

For Trade LHT Nokona 12" walnut mod trap for trade

Looking at possible straight up trades for a lht american pro series 12" glove. Looking to see what people would be interested in trading. Do not want to sell, just straight up trades. Trade offers should be for something of similar condition. Glove not new but in very good condition. Only...
  11. TeacherMan78

Need a team

Looking to join a team soon in the Phoenix area...prefer ASA No past softball experience, but hoping someone will take a chance or at least give me a try out Play outfield Left-handed Bat right-handed
  12. TeacherMan78

Looking to Join a team in metro Phoenix

Live in southwest valley (Laveen actually). Looking to join up and play for first time. If interested/need a teammate for future play PM me. It is not easy to find somewhere as many of these leagues you need a team first. If you do not have 9-10 guys, you are screwed usually then. Not...
  13. TeacherMan78

BMB-L Initial Impressions

Leather - feels far different than any leather I have ever felt. Nokona leather (walnut especially) feels like leather. Whereas, Vinci leather feels more plastic-like (the some say the A2000's feel). With this being said, have never felt nor seen kip leather before, so this may be the norm...
  14. TeacherMan78

Issues with limited leather?

Been reading lately on here by several of you that you do not like the Vinci limited leather, but seem to like all the others. Meanwhile, a lot of people seem to think the BMB-L is the best all-around Vinci there is. Is this not limited leather? Confusing. What are people's issues with...
  15. TeacherMan78

Impatiently Waiting for Vinci

My Vinci should be arriving any time now by way of UPS. Took a total of 8 days to get here, which seems insane. However, should be here today and will finally be able to test out what everyone seems to say is the best glove around. Cannot wait to put my Vinci BMB-L on my hand. :D Have...
  16. TeacherMan78

For Trade LTT Nokona amg1200 walnut

Considering trading my lightly used (not fully broken in!) LHT amg 1200 (which Nokona does not make anymore) for an amg 175 straight up. LHT Nokona 175 needs to be in similar if not new condition for this deal. Do not want any other glove at this time. This would be a no cash/money...
  17. TeacherMan78

Layman's terms - ASA Softball

could someone in simple terms tell me the difference between ASA, NSA, USSSA, etc... What is the pitching like? Is this the big difference? It seems like many bats are illegal in ASA also...why is this?
  18. TeacherMan78

What are some softball leagues in Phoenix to join?

Looking to begin playing softball. What are some possible leagues I might join in metro Phoenix? I do not have a team either.
  19. TeacherMan78

Softball leagues in metro phoenix

Hello, I am looking to get into softball. I do not have a team, so it would just be me. What leagues do people recommend in the Phoenix, AZ area? Having hard time locating leagues through google.
  20. TeacherMan78

Glove rep or website? Difference/benefit?

What is the benefit/difference between going through a Vinci glove rep on here compared to just ordering straight from the Vinci website? By no means trying to come across as offensive, just looking for some clarification.