Search results

1. C

ASA ASA Standins Tie Breaker Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. With this being the last week of our rec league there are many possibilities of several tied for second after the weeks over. As I was reading the rules for the tie breaker I couldn't tell how to fully interpret it. Our rules/steps for tie breakers: 3. In...
  2. C

The fine line between being a jerk and playing hard..

I was playing in a Rec league and it was the Semi finals. My team was up 8-4 in the 3rd inning. We had a baserunner on first. The batter hits a groundball to second and R1 was fast and slides hard at second to break up double play. He did not go cleats up and his intent was only to break up a...
  3. C

ASA Carrying bat to first base

I thought I read that the batter can carry the bat with him while running the bases. I usually carry the bat down with me as I run and drop it right before I touch first base. My friends who umpire were telling me you cannot touch a base with the bat in your hand and if you do then you are out...
  4. C

ASA Interference at first??

I was playing an ASA church tournament Saturday and my team had runners on first and second with one out. Our batter hit a pop up with a lot of backspin down the first base side foul and only about 25 feet from home. Our player on first did not move at all and kept her foot on the white part of...
  5. C

ASA Offensive interference?

Just curious to see if blue made the right call at the tournament over the weekend. A batter on my team had a horrible swing and popped the ball up not very high just in front of home plate. The batter who is righty starts to run and him and the catcher make a little contact right in front of...
  6. C

ASA Right away/ interference?

I was playing in a co-ed game wednesday and we had a girl on first. I hit a line drive to the pitcher and our girl was caught maybe 5 ft off bag. She switched her momentum back from second to first and was attempting to get back. The first baseman(female.. pretty big female) for some reason was...
  7. C

LTB Srv5 please!!!

I am really interested in buying a Salvo SRV5 used and for a low price. Please send me prices if looking to get rid of yours. I do have an 08 rip it reaper that I would be willing to trade with for salvo and some cash or multiple bats. Thanks guys.
  8. C

08 Ript it Reaper

Is the 08 Rip it Reaper still a popular bat? How quick do they go and what's a good listing price for one that just shows normal wear and tear? Thanks for help.
  9. C

ASA " Hitters Game"

I tend to find that in my leagues the umpires open up the strike zone massively when the count is 3-1. Whenever I ask people why that is I am always told softball is a hitters game. Is this just around my town or is this common? It sucks when it is a high and deep pitch with the wind blowing in...
  10. C

Very crazy situation. Some advice please.

I had my ASA playoffs yesterday. We won our first game and lost in semi finals. My team and I are talking in the parking lot for a while at the same time my son and wife are playing at a park very close to the field. They are now on their way back to the car so we can leave and as they are...
  11. C

ASA Bush League?

I don't know if this question belongs here but I am looking for input. I play ASA Men's "A" leagues. I tend to find that alot of players seem to feel offended or get aggrevated when someone runs the bases after they hit a home run. Is it Bush league to run the bases? Reason I am asking is that 2...
  12. C

ASA Tag Ups

I play in ASA leagues and we only have one umpire per game with the playoff championship game at end of year being the only exception. My question is why do so many of these umpires feel it necessary to act like they have super powers and can possibly see a deep fly ball catch and the tag up at...
  13. C

For Sale 2008 Used RIPIT Reaper $178

Game Use wear and tear. No cracks or webbing. Brand: RIPIT Model: Reap 2 Material: Composite Type: Slow Pitch Softball Bat ASA, ISF, ISA, NSA, USSSA Approved Size: 34/27 oz Diameter: 2 1/4"
  14. C

For Sale For Sale 2008 RipIt Reaper $250 or best offer!

ZERO cracks, ZERO rattles, no end cap separation, some end cap wear and some scratches from game use. Bat has not been modified in any way. No webbing. Model: 2008 Rip it Reaper Product Information: ASA, NSA, USSSA (UTRIP), ISA, ISF Approved Bat type: Composite Bat Weight: 27 Oz Bat...
  15. C

For Sale 2008 Rip-it reaper

I am looking to sell my 08' ASA Rip-it Reaper 34/27 for about $100. I don't really know what it's worth. Great bat that was mainly only used by me and another guy on the team. I can send some pictures if interested. It is a great bat for guys who like to pick their spot. I don't know if it...
  16. C

LTB WTB 2011 Worth Toxic ASA

Does anyone buddy know where I could find the Worht Toxic 2011 but weight a 30 oz.? Any help would be appreciated.
  17. C

LTB Worth 2011 Toxic 30 oz.

Does anyone know where I can find a 2011 Worth Toxic 30 oz. bat? I have been looking and I have been told that wieght is rare for that bat. All the help is greatly appreciated.