Search results

1. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

Dang dude...I hope there isn't permanent damage, looks like a rough recovery. Start shopping and good luck on the recovery.
  2. russmcd

2015 Whole Enchilada

aaaaaannnndddd........x2
  3. russmcd

2015 Whole Enchilada

I'll be there tossin the rock with Dangerous Softball in D. Gonna be a great weekend!
  4. russmcd

2015 Last At Bat Thread

Hard grounder to 3B for the easy throw to 1.
  5. russmcd

"Sorry Pitch"

QUOTE=Joker - people become retards when this topic is brought up pitchers should assume every ball is going to be hit at them, be ready and/or wear protection - YES if you unintentionally hit a pitcher or come close to hitting a pitcher, apologize if you want. no pitcher should be looking...
  6. russmcd

Member/Players average age.

48 here, been playing for 34 years with no plans of retiring in sight. Quit roaming the outfield in my mid 20's, put 10-12 years at 2nd and/or 1st, and have been pitching the last 12 or so. 34 games a year (3 seasons) plus weekend tourneys scattered throughout the year.
  7. russmcd

2015 Last At Bat Thread

Liner over 3B for the single with an RBI. Won 22-11 and 29-11 for our opening night, Fall Season
  8. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

HOLY #*&%!!!!!!!!! That just puckered my sphincter... I hope you recover fully from that....:eek:
  9. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

I use the ProTec D-Gels from the site above and love them. Very light and saved me from a broken shin earlier this year.
  10. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

Both styles look like they'd do the job, altho IMO the batters helmet looks kinda bulky. Get whatever is comfortable for you and gives you the best field of view. It's good that you realize NOW that you need a helmet instead of later. I use the Worth and have been really happy with it. I...
  11. russmcd

2015 Last At Bat Thread

Line drive to Deep Right Center...guy didn't even have to move to catch it.
  12. russmcd

2015 Official 2nd At Bat Thread

My standard for the past 4 weeks...Grounder past 3B.
  13. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

Screw stitches...you can see the whole freakin ball!!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:biggthumpup:
  14. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

Yeah, I was actually thinking that same thing about getting hit there, one of the biggest muscles on the body to take the brunt. Shot like that to the shin would have been devastating. Iball, we are already wearing Masks, mouth guards, heart guards, shin guards, wrist guards and cups. I...
  15. russmcd

Pitching Gear and Safety

HOLY CR*P dude!!!! Hopefully you've been doing RICE on it this whole week. I've taken some shots, and I get the no time to move out of the way, but that is just...wow. Were you able to stay in the game and keep pitching? Of all the equipment we've discussed here, I don't think we have anyway...
  16. russmcd

2015 Official 2nd At Bat Thread

2AB was my last...single that bounced over 3B
  17. russmcd

2015 Last At Bat Thread

Grounder to 3b that rolled up his arm and over his back for a single
  18. russmcd

2015 Last At Bat Thread

The most embarrassing floater hit to the SS right off the literal end of the bat, about fell out of my shoes hitting it too. Regained my composure and took the walk of shame back to the dugout, didn't even attempt to leave the batters box.