Search results

1. 317Bombs

Little help

I was playing in a tournament this past weekend and the other team had a bat that wasn't altered in the sense that it was shaved (I don't think), but in the sense that it was completely mangled. It was bent on a few of the sides, and I pointed it out to the ump, he told me that it "Was a low...
  2. 317Bombs

For Trade UTrip 27oz 454 Balanced NIW

Not looking for anything in particular, although a Combat would be nice. Shoot me some offers and we'll make this happen.
  3. 317Bombs

Bounce

Playing in a tourney in a couple weeks where you can use any ball, was curious which one is the goods?
  4. 317Bombs

Puting Together or Playing

I just started playing regularly this year, and took it upon myself to organize three teams for Fall (Sun, Tues, and Thurs). It's a mesh of friends and different guys on all three teams, and of course some guys play on all three teams, altogether there's over 20 guys.I do enjoy being the "coach"...
  5. 317Bombs

Og

My dad is 58 and is slowly dropping out of playing ball, he used to play 4-5 times a week when I was a kid (I'm 26). He calls me over the weekend and tells me he's gonna ship me a couple of his old bats he doesn't use, and I'm like alright cool. Turns out he sent me an OG Da Bomb first batch w...
  6. 317Bombs

Mizuno 9 Spike Blasts

Anybody know if these run large/small or what the deal is? I wear a 13 in Nike's...thanks.
  7. 317Bombs

Time limit

So we were playing the other night and this guy on the opposing team was rounding first to second and the throw to second beat him by a mile, subsequently he was called out. He proceeded with all sorts of medieval douchery complaining to the ref and how his leg slid around the guy (add about 40...
  8. 317Bombs

What the # is

How many times a week do you play? How many tournaments a year?
  9. 317Bombs

Bud Colts Kickoff

Anybody playing in the Budweiser Colts Kickoff Tourney? This'll be our 1st year in, curious what the turnout is like.
  10. 317Bombs

Extra $

Would pay this dude extra to ump my Tue night league...
  11. 317Bombs

Leagues

In my area there are two major sports parks, and the competition level seems pretty low. Given these are entry level classifications, one park offers an E level, and the other park starts at D. Anyways, my story with this is there's a D team at one of these parks that didn't score at all in...
  12. 317Bombs

T-Shirts

Anybody got any good online places they'd suggest for shirts/uni's?
  13. 317Bombs

Leg kicks

Ive seen guys on YouTube with monster leg kicks, and also guys with small to medium leg kicks, most all of them could straight mash. Basically, is the leg kick the most important factor in releasing your hips and opening up? Does it help to start with your left foot (assuming your batting...
  14. 317Bombs

Old vs New

^ This is the old video taken a few days ago, had it on another thread. ^ This is the one taken today, I tried to correct some things. Tell me if you think it was better, if there was improvement, or if it looked the same. Thx in advance.
  15. 317Bombs

Shoulder up

Was wondering if anyone had any tips/drills to help me keep my shoulder up (a level plane) and hands down? Before I'm swinging I'm dropping my hands and back shoulder and my pops was telling me it's killing my swing. Thx fellas.
  16. 317Bombs

Batting stance question

While I'm in my stance, my feet are pretty close together. My question is when I go to take my step/leg lift how far should I be stepping and in what direction? Into the pitch, or should I step outwards/inwards? Thx in advance.
  17. 317Bombs

Sandbagging explanation

As I've previously stated, and my number of previous posts most likely elude to, I'm relatively new to softball. Why would a team sandbag, is it just to win a t shirt or trophy? I also thought that if you were considered a D or C team by winning a certain tournament, or set of tournaments, you...
  18. 317Bombs

Help with swing

Sorry about the quality, but critique away...be gentle. I've only played rec league (beer league), so keep that in mind. Thx.
  19. 317Bombs

Bat Speed

If anyone is watching the AS Game, as I'm sure many are, Jose Bautista has some foolish bat-speed! If I could generate that kind of bat speed on the softball diamond it'd be lights out. I don't know if anyone has seen it, but there's a vid on YouTube of Canseco absolutely mashing a softball...I...
  20. 317Bombs

Looking to play in the Indy area

I'm wanting to play in the Indy area...I'm 26 and 6'1 210, pretty athletic and fast, swing a decent bat too. I'd be willing to play league or whatever...just let me know.