Search results

1. T

Music and Weed.....

Question regarding Weed & Music. Now, I'm "only" 36, but been playin since 16... music in the dugout has become a pretty normal occurence and typically been fine and a nice ambiance. But lately this year I'm seeing more and more the teams are not just playing music, but blaring it so loud...
  2. T

New 240 LS Genesis bats

Anybody been using them? How do you like them? I pulled the trigger without ever swinging one and ordered a "Baseball Town" Genesis. My my understanding is it's the same as the Andy Purcell 240... but I've never swung any LS softball bat. I have a week till I get it, but just looking for your...
  3. T

Opinions on lacing color

Hey, so I just bought a used Mizuno GCP51 of Ebay, and depending on the actual condition of the glove and laces when it shows up, I'm considering trying to relace it needed. But if I do, I'm debating on keeping it black laces, or getting fancy and adding some contrast. I'm a huge mariners fan...
  4. T

GTG Jbo911

Not surprisingly a great transaction with a long-time member. Bought a used Bubba Club while in search for a different bat (Still searching). Super smooth transaction. I feel I got a great deal and he shipped next day after a late night payment. Thanks again!!!!
  5. T

LTB 2019 Easton FF2 10"??? Curious.

SP19FF210. I'm really curious about the 10" FF2 and wondering if any one has or knows someone who has one of these they'd be interested in selling? Not sure what sizes they made, but I generally prefer 28-30oz bats... Wouldn't be opposed to trying a 27 but prefer heavier. I'd prefer new or...
  6. T

Bought a used bat... Broken???

Bought a used Diesel Helmer, supposedly light use. Not from any of our fine members here. The barrel looks like it hasn't seen heavy use, but not exactly what I'd consider "light." No big deal though. But it had a hockey tape wrap I wanted to replace with a real bat grip... peeled it off and...
  7. T

League Game Scheduling Annoyance.

So... I've played softball for.... 17ish years. Since I filled in a bit on my dads team around 17 years old in Kent, WA. I've played in maybe 7 different city/county league around my area over the years, but always played in Kent every year, spring and summer leagues. Doubleheader games. Still...
  8. T

Where are all the 28-30oz bats?

I feel like this is a topic I've seen before but cannot find it by searching. I haven't bought a bat in years, but was browsing new bats, and noticed I didn't see a single bat 28oz or higher. Highest I saw was a 27.5oz and a ton of 25oz, which I hadn't noticed before. People don't like swing...
  9. T

Miken maketh the man?

Probably a stupid post, go ahead an flame me if so. Not necessarily a Miken question. Played ball Thursday against two related family teams we played a few weeks ago. First time both teams were barely hitting the ball out of the infield. This week every player on both teams were ripping the...
  10. T

Runner taking a lead

I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. Close though. So last night they had a runner on 1st and 2nd. The guy on 2nd was an easy 2 feet off the bag leading off. Pitch is made, on contact ump calls "Dead ball! Dead ball!" Before any play could be attempted he calls dead...
  11. T

Less one piece bats?

Excuse me if this has been discussed. I searched but couldn't find anything. I've been out of the bat game for just a couple years, but I'm noticing there really are hardly any one piece bats now. Almost everything I see out there is two piece. What's the reasoning for that? Rules...
  12. T

Difference in Mizuno Blackouts?

Hey everyone. I'm trying to figure out some info on the Mizuno Blackouts. I was thinking of trying to find one but know very little about them. I know there were a couple different models and whatnot. I understand they are no warranty bats but have been known to have great durability that it's...
  13. T

Easton Durability???

Hello all, my first thread on the site. I have a question, hoping you can help, I was curious to how durable the easton composite bats are. I have been reading about the new Stealth 100 and 100H, might buy one... I know these are really new, so it may be soon to tell, but how have the other...