Search results

1. JoeG3

What's your current Utrip or ASA "gamer"?

ASA Salvo or SCN5 Utrip SCN4
  2. JoeG3

Any tips for pitching when running a five man infield

5 man vs lower level teams doesn't help for the exact reasons you said. Too many guys mis-hit or bloop unintentionally over the IF and those turn from singles into doubles vs 3 OF playing deep. The 5 man should only be played against good hitting teams with HR power and solid bat control through...
  3. JoeG3

Cleaning Bat Bag?

This is what's worked for me, for bags. Magic Eraser for bats, balls, and turfs.
  4. JoeG3

GTG bigjbowski16 gtg

Gtg bro on a bat deal. Thanks!
  5. JoeG3

Compression tested...

This. And you'll see a bat fail one test and pass another the next weekend. Far too random to be used for any kind of comparison where the data has any meaning.
  6. JoeG3

Drink of choice

League nights, a beer or 2 during bp, depending on who we play. Maybe 1 between the double headers. Then all of them afterwards. Tournies, water/gatorade/powerade until we are done for the day. Then a couple while watching other games. Only time I really get into it is if we are done on Saturday.
  7. JoeG3

Secret Santa 2012 What did you get thread

No problem bud, have a happy holiday! Make sure you unzip and open the football, btw.
  8. JoeG3

Fielding Pitchers

lol at all the people who don't know how to properly play a 5 man. If you need him there to protect your P because he can't field, you're doing it wrong.
  9. JoeG3

leadoff guy problem

This thread was ended quickly. Our fastest guy bats 10th. Second fastest bats 5th. Our best hitter leads off. Oldest guy on team and doesn't take as many extra bases as some, but he's on 1B or 2B for the heart of the order every gd time.
  10. JoeG3

What is the best 3 ASA bat you have ever swung?

Non legal - 1. Ultra 2. Ultra II 3. OG Freak Legal 1. AV 2. OG Mayhem 3. Salvo
  11. JoeG3

Non broken in bat better for mush balls?

I've seen this as well.
  12. JoeG3

Bat Weight question

Swing the heaviest bat you can swing the fastest. if that makes sense.
  13. JoeG3

Non broken in bat better for mush balls?

I played 14" ball this fall. Thats legit mush and I put away the Salvo to swing single wall metal. From playing multiple tourneys and leagues with both 40/375s and 52/275s, the new ones do sound mushier and are far less forgiving. imo, what happens is the mush sound on a mis hit fly ball...
  14. JoeG3

Coaching a new team

We have 15-16 on our roster and bring 11 to a tourney. The best 10 start. League nights are for "everyone gets to play".
  15. JoeG3

Secret Santa 2012 What did you get thread

Just want to give a huge thank you to my SS! Happened to be home from work a little early today to catch the mailman and he had 2 boxes for me AFTER I received a package earlier this week. Found him over in the hints thread, thanks purefilthsoft! I am completely overwhelmed at the generosity...
  16. JoeG3

Team pics 2012

Love me some Big Baby. And why is Stevo the only one looking at the correct camera? lol
  17. JoeG3

player moving

pm sent, thanks tap!
  18. JoeG3

player moving

Hey fellas, One of my boys is moving down to the Tempe area in january. He's a legit D tourney level ASA pitcher and is serviceable at few other positions. Total softball *****, loves bp and plays as often as possible. If anyone is looking or knows the best way for him to find himself a team...
  19. JoeG3

ASA Help me win a bet (dinner)

this is what I tell everyone who slides/dives into 1B - "If it was faster to dive, they'd do it in the Olympics." In our State tourney a few years ago there was a player who did a legit takeout slide into 1B after hitting into a DP. Blew up the 1Bman and broke his leg. He was ejected...