Search results

1. Semmy

Did everyone here die?

it sure is. I never made the Yakima tourney with Envirovac but that team has split now. Can't wait for Vegas. PS...I miss your old avatar.
  2. Semmy

Any interest in Evil Ball for Canada

@Bobby Buggs why not reach out to SIS or Home Run Sports in Canada and see if they will be interested in a few pallets? most of us here just stockpile league balls (Grey Dots whenever possible). LMSP orders balls by the thousands, that league alone is 176 teams. Believe he orders them direct...
  3. Semmy

Vegas

40Major doesn't have the tourney schedule up yet. o_O
  4. Semmy

Easton Senior bats

I still play quite a bit, just been AFK for a long time since my son came along. bats have changed quite a bit since the SCN3 and SCX3 lines which were the best bats in some time. Easton dropped off quite a bit from 2007-2017 making mostly garbage while allowing LS, Worth and Miken back in...
  5. Semmy

Helmer Hitman 44

picked up one of these on sale for $99. just broke my 2016 Sr Legit three weeks out from Vegas which is a little annoying, but such is life. picked up a Helmer Blue Line at batting practice last week and it was straight fire with a couple hundred hits on it, so hoping this senior bat is as...
  6. Semmy

44/400 Balls

It's also why you see MFG dumping excess/outdated product to secondary retailers once the sales cycle has passed...Then the retailers buy large volumes at a cheaper rate and we reap the benefits of buying last-year's model much cheaper than it was originally offered. not the rule per say, but...
  7. Semmy

Miss those Days

Hey Pete Been using an RV1923 to the point where it's time to replace stitching (we get a lot of rain so the glove weathers quite fast). Been 6 years and prob 800 games now. Does Vinci sell replacement lacing for an entire glove? Looking at spending some time in offseason re-lacing it all if...
  8. Semmy

44/400 Balls

Common sense isn't so common, especially in business.
  9. Semmy

Hyper Z 2017

Personal preference. I've always found Combat to have a whippy/tuning-fork feel to all models that I've never been able to get used to. I know they're good bats, just not my thing. Wonder if that brand will be assimilated into the Easton lineup, as Easton's senior bats are f'ing terrible.
  10. Semmy

Hyper Z 2017

Buddy picked up one this year, haven't had a chance to get any cuts on it. previous edition (black/red/white) took a bit to get going but what a beast once it opened up.
  11. Semmy

Dudley Lightning Fielding Gloves

Chad, some guys on Envirovac40's have bought these gloves at SSUSA tourneys and love them. I've sent you a PM. Good quality gloves for $100USD (dudley rep price at tourney), let alone half that price!
  12. Semmy

E a d????

Agreed. Had to play against Newbill last year in Kent. He hit a ball with a HyperZ that hasn't landed yet. That is why I don't play IF...
  13. Semmy

So many bats, So little time

I just picked up a 27oz. Looking forward to it.
  14. Semmy

Best senior bats for 52/300 balls

I find this depends a lot on weather and I think they should change the ball accordingly. I have played in 40°F weather with the 52's and they fly when they are cold. Have played them at 90°F and humid (when those stooooopid Hot Dots first came out, it was for the championships and good ball...
  15. Semmy

Sr. Combat bats...

Fabe, you ever come over to the mainland to play at Worlds? Have played the Islands a few times over the past few years.
  16. Semmy

Adidas swings today, wow

Which is the exact opposite of the 3 best bats I've tried so far Lightning EL Ultra Black (haven't felt barrel flex like that since my 2000+hit OG Freak) HyperZ with 1000+ swings. Harder I swing those 3 (within my swing, of course) the better it felt.. Coming out of your shoes with each...
  17. Semmy

Whats your game bat for 2016

2014 Legit Senior (love the balance) Lightning endload (love the feel of contact with this bat) Freak Black Senior (trying it out, have heard good things) Ultra Black Endload (teammates, I won't buy one. expensive and fragile, we have broken 3 already indoors and season hasn't started yet)
  18. Semmy

Checking endloads

back in the day, you'd put a notched carpenter's pencil on a flat surface and lay the bat across it. find the balance point and measure from the knob end of the bat. Someone actually had a chart for all of the PST's set up somewhere... **Edit, found it**...
  19. Semmy

Early review of my Adidas Melee 2

Something about hoop frequency, Buggs?
  20. Semmy

Who here is/was a Reebok Melee guy

MVP from last year's AAA worlds (PONO) had one that was lights out but it blew up during the tourney. Never seen someone hit the top of the net at BLD before, but his was oppo for a DBO. Whoops.