10/2 & 10/3 asian/pacific islander smash softball tournament @ twin creeks

dmniterider

last batter
whos playing in this? was suppose to go up there to play on cousins team but they seem to be flaking.. and i dont know very much asians.. i think im the only one here in my area

sirblinksalot24

Addicted to Softballfans
are you asian? i might cut some of my asians with no proof of ethnicity...which is a dumb real anyways. but yeah...we've seen teams up there..ALL BLACk...ALL MEXICAN....ALL WHITE...but since we're from Socal...all of a sudden he wants to crack down on the rosters.

NCS

Putanginamo
Wtf dmniterider you forgot about me and AJ? When's the tourney I'm down to travel, shoot I like to see alot of my old friends up in San Jose. Im sure AJ will go as well if I ask him to.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Ok this seems stupid. How the hell are you going to provide documented proof that you or anyone on your team is Asian? DNA Testing?

dmniterider

last batter
Wtf dmniterider you forgot about me and AJ? When's the tourney I'm down to travel, shoot I like to see alot of my old friends up in San Jose. Im sure AJ will go as well if I ask him to.

hah you down? you think we can field a squad? i was gonna hit u up kuz your the only asian i know here.. but didnt think you would go..

dmniterider

last batter
Ok this seems stupid. How the hell are you going to provide documented proof that you or anyone on your team is Asian? DNA Testing?

only way i can think of is birth certificate but thats only if your parents werent born here.. i guess the EYE test dont work anymore??

dmniterider

last batter
are you asian? i might cut some of my asians with no proof of ethnicity...which is a dumb real anyways. but yeah...we've seen teams up there..ALL BLACk...ALL MEXICAN....ALL WHITE...but since we're from Socal...all of a sudden he wants to crack down on the rosters.

tourney director seemed kinda cool.. when i called him he said he would try to help out the people from outta town with later games times on sat and earlier game times sunday if needed.. only thing i dont like about this tourney is its 2-days.. pool play on sat and playoffs sun..

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
only way i can think of is birth certificate but thats only if your parents werent born here.. i guess the EYE test dont work anymore??

It doesn't state on my kids birth certificate that he is Chinese/Asian. I doubt it does on anyone else's either. Eye test don't work because so much intermingling nowadays especially in California. But I just don't see how anyone can prove it.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
This is racist

Tough luck, too many white teams. :D

Hit up Bartmanz , he's Asian and definitely in BA.
I'm in Calif but it's too far out datewise for me to play.
I think anyone w/ an Asian last name will fly, if
on mom's side, that's where they want to see real proof.

Last edited:

dmniterider

last batter
It doesn't state on my kids birth certificate that he is Chinese/Asian. I doubt it does on anyone else's either. Eye test don't work because so much intermingling nowadays especially in California. But I just don't see how anyone can prove it.

yeah well my parents are from the phillipines and it says they were born there so thats my only proof.. and yeah thats true my kids are half filipino/mexican..

on the website it just says its the managers responsibility to provide documented proof of ethnicity.. so you dont have to turn in roster with proof i guess just if a team challenges it?

dmniterider

last batter
Tough luck, too many white teams. :D

Hit up Bartmanz , he's Asian and definitely in BA.
I'm in Calif but it's too far out datewise for me to play.
I think anyone w/ an Asian last name will fly, if
on mom's side, that's where they want to see real proof.

whats considered an asian last name???

sirblinksalot24

Addicted to Softballfans
tourney director seemed kinda cool.. when i called him he said he would try to help out the people from outta town with later games times on sat and earlier game times sunday if needed.. only thing i dont like about this tourney is its 2-days.. pool play on sat and playoffs sun..

dont fall for that crap....we took it once..and lost twice in the championships in the past 5 yrs we've been doing this. the last time in the ships...he said championship game would be at 2pm...he was so jacked up with the schedules trying to accommodate his "buddies" that there was two open fields available and we didnt play a championship game til 6pm. half the team had flights at 7:45pm out of southwest and we had to leave and he allowed us to pick up 4 guys to make 9. its a bunch of bull****. i dunno why we keep going back but all the guys like watching the hot chicks play co-ed. it makes no sense how we can prove our background when all my guys parents were BORN IN THE US...theyre mix races for a reason.....

sirblinksalot24

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah well my parents are from the phillipines and it says they were born there so thats my only proof.. and yeah thats true my kids are half filipino/mexican..

on the website it just says its the managers responsibility to provide documented proof of ethnicity.. so you dont have to turn in roster with proof i guess just if a team challenges it?

trust me...teams will protest it..unless you're playing in Comp...we've been protested twice now. im chinese and my birth cert says im "american" hahaha.

NCS

Putanginamo
dmniterider we'll just bring them some lumpia, that should be enough proof. Me and Aj are down, Sorry AWASP wrong nationality bro you can't go. HAHA! Oh wait we're allowed three non asian's so you might fit in. Only probably I don't know enough Asian's to fill a team, maybe we can hop on someones Squad up there. Hit up the tourney director, I'm sure he know's someone looking for guys. I will make some phone calls tomorrow.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Any Asian sounding last name should do.
If not, bring passport, immigration papers, birth certificates or
visa papers. I sorted through ID challenges before and I'll take
anything that's official gov issue.

On these kind of ethnic tournaments, best have your
papers lined up in a row. ;)
I'm hoping no ID challenges in the Asian thingy that
I got going in DFW next weekend b/c I already
sent all rules to capts :p

dmniterider

last batter
dmniterider we'll just bring them some lumpia, that should be enough proof. Me and Aj are down, Sorry AWASP wrong nationality bro you can't go. HAHA! Oh wait we're allowed three non asian's so you might fit in. Only probably I don't know enough Asian's to fill a team, maybe we can hop on someones Squad up there. Hit up the tourney director, I'm sure he know's someone looking for guys. I will make some phone calls tomorrow.

lets get a SBF team going.. due by the 17th..