10 Minute trainer or T25?

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Hey guys looking to start a program for myself and my wife shortly. Probably right after the Christmas holidays. I have been looking at either the 10 minute trainer or the T25 programs. We have 2 young children ages 5 and 7 and both are in hockey full time. We travel a minimum of 5 days a week for this. So our time is very limited which is the reason I have stopped working out again. Basically need something that will work at 9 in the evening once they are in bed and not take an hour. lol

And for myself would it be a waste to take animal cuts and creatine while doing this type of program?

thx in advance

MB

ghunt25

Doing T25 now, It's quick, I like it. Although I still feel as though it's not a total body workout, but it kicks your butt. P90X3 should be available soon, I'm going to try that also. 30 minute routine.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Doing T25 now, It's quick, I like it. Although I still feel as though it's not a total body workout, but it kicks your butt. P90X3 should be available soon, I'm going to try that also. 30 minute routine.[/QUOTE

How long have you been doing it? Any results to fill me in on? I am only looking to tone up and lose about 10-12 pounds. I am roughly 205 and would like to be 190-195. Not a ton to lose but need something to lose it in a couple months type thing. I will take the supplements after doing this program once I start lifting again.

Thx MB

Bubaloo

Manager
Doing T25 now, It's quick, I like it. Although I still feel as though it's not a total body workout, but it kicks your butt. P90X3 should be available soon, I'm going to try that also. 30 minute routine.[/QUOTE

How long have you been doing it? Any results to fill me in on? I am only looking to tone up and lose about 10-12 pounds. I am roughly 205 and would like to be 190-195. Not a ton to lose but need something to lose it in a couple months type thing. I will take the supplements after doing this program once I start lifting again.

Thx MB

T25 is a cardio routine unless u get gamma
I love it for extra workouts but bodybeast is my main workout.
It's beach body's best. If u wanna just loose weight t25 is the way to go!

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
T25 is a cardio routine unless u get gamma
I love it for extra workouts but bodybeast is my main workout.
It's beach body's best. If u wanna just loose weight t25 is the way to go!

Body beast is very good. Only complaint I hear from people about it is, that they lose a lot of flexibility doing it. All around ol school lifting. I've had great results with P90X and X3

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Just started Beta on T25 and so far so good. 25 minutes is about all I have an attention span for :D. Of course you're not gonna end up looking like Shaun T and his husband Scott on there (;)), but it's a good start for someone like me who is starting to get back into working out.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
I will say that I had a great deal of success with the 10 minute trainer. I lost over 70 pounds in 7 months doing it exclusively (along with better diet). I still break it out occasionally as a quick workout, but I run mostly now along with calisthenics (pushups, situps, burpees, etc). One nice thing about the 10 minute trainer is that if you're just starting out and are way out of shape or if you're really pressed for time, you just do the single workout. As you progress or if you have more time, do a second or third one. You're in 10 minute increments rather than 25 minute increments (or longer with the p90x stuff). I did P90X a few years ago. Got pretty cut, dropped some weight but it didn't really stay off.

I haven't done T25 but I heard nothing but good about it.

Take that for what it's worth from someone who has never been a gym guy.

redbirdfan1

Focker
yeah. 10 min trainer would be good for someone out of shape and really no good idea how to start to get into better shape. Then after doing that for awhile they can move on to something else like T-25, P90, or Insanity.

WarHorse

Star Player
No point in taking those supplements when doing that type of short workout.

Creatine, true. Animal cuts, not. Animal cuts is an all day thing. Take it in the morning, drink a ton of water, and it will speed up your metabolism.

Teach13

Addicted to Softballfans
There was a p90x vs Insanity thread on here for a long time, and one issue with Insanity that some guys had was that it was hard on the knees and lower back. With p90x3 supposedly being more intense in a shorter amount of time, has anyone experienced an Insanity-like effect on their knees/lower back?

redbirdfan1

Focker
There was a p90x vs Insanity thread on here for a long time, and one issue with Insanity that some guys had was that it was hard on the knees and lower back. With p90x3 supposedly being more intense in a shorter amount of time, has anyone experienced an Insanity-like effect on their knees/lower back?
It can be harder on the knees. there's a lot of jumping and stuff going on. It's why there's a warm up and stretching. Usually that combo works well before starting the meat of the workouts...but everyone is different and for some with bad knee issues it may not be the best option.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Creatine, true. Animal cuts, not. Animal cuts is an all day thing. Take it in the morning, drink a ton of water, and it will speed up your metabolism.

Animal cuts does what exactly? And agreed creatine is worthless!!!

Teach13

Addicted to Softballfans
It can be harder on the knees. there's a lot of jumping and stuff going on. It's why there's a warm up and stretching. Usually that combo works well before starting the meat of the workouts...but everyone is different and for some with bad knee issues it may not be the best option.

Thanks...I think I'll stick with my regular p90x for now then.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a T25 guy, mostly because of time. Did Insanity last year. The first month was fine, but the second month was just too much time for me. Having done Insanity and now T25, I'd say I like T25 better just because you don't really get a break. It's just non-stop. The one complaint I would have is the lack of stretching. I usually spend an additional 5-10 minutes of stretching afterwards just because of my bad knees and back. 45 min including stretching and a shower is just perfect for my lifestyle right now.