$100

AveregeJay

Banned User
Thanks for the replies. I'm not necessarily in the market for bats right now, but just looking for ideas. Some of my teammates have said they wanted to buy thier own bats instead of using mine, so I'm trying to looking for different options.

Look outside the box.

Anderson RT Comp Killer

I'll put this bat up against any $100.00 ASA composite and I'll bet the farm that it'll out perform it.

2004_anderson_rtck.jpg

WCURacer29

Shady J Softball
another vote for the Dictator. I've never swung any kind of Anderson, but many people have said good things about them.

vdog

Addicted to Softballfans
He wants present ... not the past. If you are going that route, I bought a M7598 2 months ago for $100 that had less than 100 swings.

There are some alright decent bats out there for $100 or less. But, you may as well spend another $50. You would be getting a little better bat with probably a little better durability and performance.

We are talking ASA, so its not like your going to abuse these bats with use in ASA. You get what you pay for ...

I guess $100 mint M7598's are all over the place after all. Or was this just a brag post? ;)

vdog

Addicted to Softballfans
BTW - Anyone have a $100 M7598........Just shoot me a PM. I'll buy them all.

dan

Manager
... have been looking at some fastpitch bats. I assume they're GTG for ASA slowpitch?

Yes. Fastpitch bats are perfectly legal in ASA slowpitch. I often use one, and I've seen guys hit the ball out of the park with them.

If you're a small guy with good speed, you'll probably hit better with a fastpitch bat than a slowpitch bat.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Look outside the box.

Anderson RT Comp Killer

I'll put this bat up against any $100.00 ASA composite and I'll bet the farm that it'll out perform it.

2004_anderson_rtck.jpg

There are a couple $100ish (used) ASA composites I'd take you up on that with.

In no particular order, the bats that come to mind that fit the bill here:
Techfire
Rage
Fury
Maniac 282
Maniac 484
ST1-Z
ST2-Z
STS4
Techzilla
RockeTech
TZCK
RTCK

AveregeJay

Banned User
There are a couple $100ish (used) ASA composites I'd take you up on that with.

In no particular order, the bats that come to mind that fit the bill here:
Techfire
Rage
Fury
Maniac 282
Maniac 484
ST1-Z
ST2-Z
STS4
Techzilla
RockeTech
TZCK
RTCK

I'm all for a hit-off, let's set this up :)

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Another idea is to check out a Replay Sports, or another used gear store, and look there. I found a nice Worth at my local Replay that was $300+ new for only $50, and it was hardly used.

In this tough econimic times, people sell off gear to get $, and you might get a good deal as a result...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes. Fastpitch bats are perfectly legal in ASA slowpitch. I often use one, and I've seen guys hit the ball out of the park with them.

If you're a small guy with good speed, you'll probably hit better with a fastpitch bat than a slowpitch bat.

They are? As long as they have a ASA stamp?

News to me, but nice to know...

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
The RTCK vs. RTCK battle should be interesting. :D

I should have made that clearer, those were two separate thoughts. The $100ish composites I'd take on an RTCK with would be the Maniacs and the Techfires.

The others are all metal anyway, so they don't really fall into the "$100 composites" category. :p

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I should have made that clearer, those were two separate thoughts. The $100ish composites I'd take on an RTCK with would be the Maniacs and the Techfires.

The others are all metal anyway, so they don't really fall into the "$100 composites" category. :p

Ah, ok. I was all confused. Carry on! :cool:

dan

Manager
They are? As long as they have a ASA stamp?

News to me, but nice to know...

Yes, as long as they have the ASA stamp - and I haven't seen a modern fastpitch bat without the stamp - has anyone else?

These bats are getting some heavy use by a lot of ASA players.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Yes, as long as they have the ASA stamp - and I haven't seen a modern fastpitch bat without the stamp - has anyone else?

These bats are getting some heavy use by a lot of ASA players.

Worth 5.4L Titan, Schutt+, Silver Schutt...was another one recently as well but I can't remember which one. Might have been a Miken.

nsb718

Masher of Ceremonies
You can find a Techfire Classic (MZC-1) for around $100. Also, the Techfire Rage & Fury (MZC-2/MZC-3) are very good too.

nsb718

Masher of Ceremonies

Techfires (Classic / Rage / Fury / OG Crush) aren't composites. The 1st Mizuno comp was the Blur, and it sucked.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Techfires (Classic / Rage / Fury / OG Crush) aren't composites. The 1st Mizuno comp was the Blur, and it sucked.

Thought they were like composite/alloy/composite hybrids? That's composite enough in my book.