11 inch ball tourneys

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
Have any of you guys played in tourneys which used the 11 inch ball exclusively? Any advantages? Disadvantages? Were there more bombs? Same number?

JBT2020

The Veteran
I got a teammate that said he played in one when he was back in Indiana, unlimited homeruns with 11 inch balls, score was like 60 something to 50 something, there will definitely be more home runs

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the response!

We're thinking of having an 11-ball only co-ed tourney. I wanted to know if any guys had hit them or played in events which featured those.

JBT2020

The Veteran
My buddy and I had a dozen 11 in green dots and it wouldn't be nothing to hit 8-9 out of the 12 out during bp, guys should smash those

Legend 94

Addicted to Softballfans
If you're going to use 11" balls in a COED tourney make sure the girls can play - those balls will be rockets with guys hitting them...

BiggN52

Squish the bug.
There is a 11 inch tournament around here that I've tried to get a team for a few years now but haven't been able to. They use a screen for the pitcher to stand behind and if you hit the screen its a DBO. They also play on baseball field, and from what I understand the infield plays back in the grass/shallow outfield because the OF is playing much deeper and the balls absolutely sizzle on a line.

King Hippo

Star Player
Our co-ed league used 12 in balls for the guys and 11 in balls for the girls last year. Pitchers hated it. It was fun to see girls hit the ball to the fence. We got to keep a few of the balls from the games. Guys hit them in bp and holy cow those things fly. Reminded me of being a kid and hitting golf balls with baseball bats. It would be a blast to use them in a tourney. But a screen would be a necessity and I would be nervous to have any girls playing the infield.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
My buddy and I had a dozen 11 in green dots and it wouldn't be nothing to hit 8-9 out of the 12 out during bp, guys should smash those

^^^^^this. Used to get these for like 12.00 a dozen on the bay about 5 yrs ago. Good times for sure at bp with these at the end of the round.

TRaj2327

There is a 11 inch tournament around here that I've tried to get a team for a few years now but haven't been able to. They use a screen for the pitcher to stand behind and if you hit the screen its a DBO. They also play on baseball field, and from what I understand the infield plays back in the grass/shallow outfield because the OF is playing much deeper and the balls absolutely sizzle on a line.

Let me know if you need another. I'd drive to Valpo for that!! I could probably help get a couple others if you need it

rlyons21

Are you guys using metal bats with the 11 inch balls? Im starting a coed league with 11 inch balls but the men have to use wood bats. Do you think the wood bats will be enough of a drop off from metal to make an 11 inch ball safe? Thoughts?

I'd think a wood bat with an 11" ball would be somewhat comparable to a composite on a 12", I certainly wouldn't expect it to be more dangerous than normal.

Local park tried to do an 11", unlimited homerun tournament, but they couldn't get the insurance for it. MUST have a screen for the pitcher, no way would I ever enter one without, and a baseball field would at least make it more interesting. 400' shots would not be uncommon with 11" balls.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
You couldn't pay me to play infield in a upper division tourney on a softball field. F-that. I would be be down for a baseball field though.