12.75 vs 13

Pretty

Softball is cool
i want to start with I know very little about gloves but I have 13” S2N with a H web The glove I had before that was a 13” Vinci trap. The real question I have though are the pockets on a 12.75 a2000 or comparable glove with an h web going really be that much smaller playing wise than 13”? I get it is 1/4” difference in the length.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I would think the 1/4" wouldnt be much of a difference in theory. I mean how much of a difference can that 1/4" be making as far as playability ? But im a glove novice myself too, so who knows really. Im sure a glove expert will be by shortly with some useful info.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
For me no, my 1799 plays like a 13 deep wide pocket, my Elo plays even longer but with a narrow pocket, I like it just for of and the 1799 around the if, but usually the elo just stays in the bag, the 1799 is the best all around glove for every pos imo, I’ve had Vinci 13”, boombah 13” and a Novak 14” and all play too big for me, long and narrow, just don’t feel right, the 13” Harper or Rawlings 303 will be my next to compete with the 1799

sleepin4matty

Management Material
The hard part about gloves is that a 12.75 in one model isn't going to be close to a 12.75 in another. My 12.75 Rawlings HoH and GGE play much bigger than my 13" Mizuno.
this exactly^^^ just because it's marked something doesn't always mean it is that size. Additionally like jkwoody said, gloves break in differently so it's all a matter of preference and comfort. My teammate plays outfield with a 12" Nokona that looks tons bigger than my 12.5" Nike Shado Elite J but it's just because of the way he broke in his glove

WillW3

Starting Player
I’ll have to agree with what’s been said. I think you can get the same glove and break it in differently, and the gloves will play a lot differently.

CircleL

Starting Player
I had an Easton Small Batch 13" and a 1799 12.75" and the Easton was noticeably bigger in every way. The are some pics on one of my threads of the 2 gloves side by side.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an Easton Small Batch 13" and a 1799 12.75" and the Easton was noticeably bigger in every way. The are some pics on one of my threads of the 2 gloves side by side.

If you keep posting everywhere about this 1799 OT im going to have to buy it back LOL.

defos

101_2859.JPG

It's going to vary from brand to brand, model to model, and glove to glove, and depend on how they're broken in. The glove on the right is an excellent glove for softball, while the one on the right looks to have been broken in for baseball. They look like different sizes even in person, but they are both Rawlings Pro Preferred PROS601BGs, same date code, and the Handcrafted ID#s are only 259 apart.

jtdiamond

I would also like to add that the "geometry" of the glove will really affect your perception of the size.

I sometimes use a Wilson 1799 as well and (as will be noted in a million threads) the handstall is very large which makes the glove sit more towards the fingers of my hand. A teammate uses a Rawlings 3030 (the Harper glove above) which looks and measures larger than my 1799. However, when I wear both my 1799 extends farther because of where it rests.

I think if you played with both you'd think the 1799 pocket was bigger.

L batting glove; TIP pointer finger out.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
View attachment 48286

It's going to vary from brand to brand, model to model, and glove to glove, and depend on how they're broken in. The glove on the right is an excellent glove for softball, while the one on the right looks to have been broken in for baseball. They look like different sizes even in person, but they are both Rawlings Pro Preferred PROS601BGs, same date code, and the Handcrafted ID#s are only 259 apart.

This is an excellent example of how to break in a glove and set it up for softball!

101_2859-jpg.48286

defos

Yes it is. I bought both gloves well used, so I had no part in shaping them, aside from untying the mid-finger lace on the "softball" glove. However, if I had performed the break-in, it would look exactly like this.