12" softball help to ID

dunno

Wasn't sure where exactly to put this thread...

I came across two types of new but dusty and free 12" softballs . Since the price was right am wondering if anyone can help in identifying their intended purpose. As in slowpitch, fastpitch, stadium balls, ASA, SSUSA approved? etc.... None of the seam stitching is raised. They both do not feel like real leather.

1. white with red stitching Dyna core II , deBeer TC290 COR .47, ASA-47-95, The amateur softball association of America, stamped Honduras

2. yelllow with red stitching Wilson A9105 Official League , cork & rubber center, frequency matched duralon, stamped China

Can any of these be used as game balls, if so what association or league?
Will they do any damage to senior bats if used as practice balls?
What is the compression of these balls?
How old are they?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
The Wilson ball, I'm not familiar with.

If the Dyna Core II is what I believe it is, it is going to be like an old Blue Dot, 47/525 early to mid 90's maybe. Not legal unless playing something unsanctioned. I personally would not use them with Sr bats. I have used Blue Dots on older Utrip bats to accelerate the break-in period but not for a lot of swings.JMO

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
They were free for a reason. The Wilson is like an sb12 mush ball, the Debeer is like hitting little bowling balls, but who knows how well the cores on those have held the compression over the years.