.12 THe One Vs. Fx700

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
I am in the market for a new bat. It has come down to either of these two bats. .12 is getting quite outstanding reviews on the review portion of this site. Unfortunately, the Freak isnt up for review yet. I would prefer the freak, but have been a little turned off by reading about some durability issues. Any Recommendations by anyone who has swung both, or has knowledge of either one?

I know it comes down to personal preference, but I have not swung either. Have owned the OG Freak, and demarini Evo(silver) and loved both of them. Currently have an 08 flex and love it, but would like another solid bat. So agian, any suggestions would be great.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm a little baffled by this. pretty different bats to say the least. what i can add is that my men's team has a few fx700's and durability has not been an issue so far, nor has performance. i can also say that the one.12 does not feel like an evo, it's much stiffer.

i think until you've swung them, it's just going to be a total shot in the dark as to which you'd like better. they are both solid post-abi bats that don't take a ton of swings to break in, so as you said, it really just comes down to personal preference.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I had thought the reported durability issues had been with the USSSA FX700...could be wrong, though. The ASA ones I've seen floating around have been pretty solid, and perform quite well.

Country35

Banned User
NOTTA!!!!!! Swing a Fx, recoil, F98, you are plain wrong sir.

I've swung the FX......the recoil and F98 are no longer in production....and to say I'm plain wrong shows a lack of knowledge about bats in general dude...like post abi bats don't have the same standards or anything :rolleyes:

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Like i said, my buddies fx700 broke in under 200 cuts and didn't have near the pop of our other top of the line bats.

Chubby_43

I don't know what to say.. I have swung a well broken FX700 and she was crazy.. I have had two since then, not really sure what to make of them.. But I am loving my Easton's right now..

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
I appreciate all the replies so far. I know that both of these bats dont swing like the ones I had mentioned above of the same company, but like the two brands. I understand that both have two completely different feels, but have had success and have enjoyed the feel of both the one piece, and double wall.

Here is what i have gathered:

swings more like a one piece(stiff off the barrell vs. normal soft demarini feel)
breaks in after about 150 swings.
no durability concerns at this point.
gets pretty hot for a post ABI bat.

x700
swings nothing like the OG freak, and swings heavy. recommended to swing an ounce down due to end load.
takes around 500-600 hits to "get hot"
have read numerous cases of the bat chipping to the point that you see the second layer of composite.
Like the .12, gets hot for post abi.

With all that said, I would prefer the freak due to my absolute love for the OG and wanting another Miken. I am truly hesitant though after what I have read, and am leaning towards the .12.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
I appreciate all the replies so far. I know that both of these bats dont swing like the ones I had mentioned above of the same company, but like the two brands. I understand that both have two completely different feels, but have had success and have enjoyed the feel of both the one piece, and double wall.

swings more like a one piece(stiff off the barrell vs. normal soft demarini feel)

x700
swings nothing like the OG freak, and swings heavy. recommended to swing an ounce down due to end load.
have read numerous cases of the bat chipping to the point that you see the second layer of composite.

With all that said, I would prefer the freak due to my absolute love for the OG and wanting another Miken. I am truly hesitant though after what I have read, and am leaning towards the .12.

Just get the .12 you'll thank me later the fx is just a average bat at best .

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Demarini One.12 is a 12 inch Barrel.

Miken FX 700 is a 13 1/2 Inch Barrel.

I Prefer Bats with a Smaller Barrel Because I feel like I get more hand speed, and I don't have a problem hitting the sweet spot consistently.

If you need a huge sweet spot, then the 13 1/2" barrel will work for you.

I personally have bats with both of these sized barrels in my bag, and I grab a different bat depending on the situation, or if i am in a slump.

I can tell you this though, Demarini One.12 is the Goods in ASA. It's as good as a Post ABI bat is gonna get. You could make the argument that the RD28 is better, but that's a totally different kinda bat. Just my 2 cents........

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
Demarini One.12 is a 12 inch Barrel.

Miken FX 700 is a 13 1/2 Inch Barrel.

I Prefer Bats with a Smaller Barrel Because I feel like I get more hand speed, and I don't have a problem hitting the sweet spot consistently.

If you need a huge sweet spot, then the 13 1/2" barrel will work for you.

I personally have bats with both of these sized barrels in my bag, and I grab a different bat depending on the situation, or if i am in a slump.

I can tell you this though, Demarini One.12 is the Goods in ASA. It's as good as a Post ABI bat is gonna get. You could make the argument that the RD28 is better, but that's a totally different kinda bat. Just my 2 cents........

I appreciate the info. This helps a lot. I am really leaning towards the .12. I noticed you are in the Portland area. I am going to be up that way this weekend. Do you know of any stores in the area that sell these, or a nokona bloodline. Thanks in advance!

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!

x700

You answered your own question. If you're not sure buy both, then sell the one you don't like. You WILL NOT have ANY trouble selling either of the two.

infieldFly

Addicted to Softballfans
Got my .12 last week. One round of BP (by me) and 15-20 game swings (me and a couple teammates "checking it out") and I am very exited about this bat. Only drawback is that I bought it too late in our season and it won't really open up until next year.

sbfreak

D Nation ALL DAY!!!
I personally saw a team unwrap a fx700 before a game. It snapped at the taper in the 3rd inning. I am guessing it was just a lemon or something since a teammate of mine has one, and it is going strong after about 5-600 swings. I personally prefer the .12 over the freak though. I just like the way it swings better. Either way you go you won't be disappointed. They are both good bats.