12U bat suggestion

hedge

life takes guts
My daughter is playing 12U this year and she wants a new bat. i'm not looking to spend a lot, what are you suggestions? I'm guessing a 31/21 -12 or -13 would be about the right size

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
A lot of last years bats are going for around $150 in online stores . SBFs does have some decent bats for that price. Usually can call them and get a little better deal. As for size, it all depends on the kid. My kiddo was swinging 32/22, 12U. I suggestion before you buy her a bat, have her try teammates or friends bats during batting practice. I seen too many parents buy the wrong size bats.

Honestly want to put her in a great bat for decent price, talk her into used. Buy one of the used Killer B Eastons from the Fast Pitch section. I put my kid in an used SSR3B last year, she wont go back. Her HRs arent clearing the fence, they are landing on the track.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
Size, depends on the kids size and ability. My daughter who plays 12U swing a 30/19 right now and is making the transition to a 31/20 in the next few weeks. Let her go hit some bats at a cage or even a teammates and see what size fits her.

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
Listen to hacker...he is spot on...don't let anyone tell you what size bat is best...see for yourself...I see FAR too many kids swinging bats they cant handle...bigger isn't always better...ive been trying convince women of that for years...:)

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Combat G3 (PG3FP111) in 31/20 if you are interested. Its NIW but NR. LMK.