13 aftermath vs 14 aftermath

natedd

Addicted to Softballfans
Is anyone else noticing the 13 aftermath is hotter than the 14 aftermath? Was swinging both this weekend and getting a consistent 30 ft more out of last years bat. Both are within 50 hits of each other.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I'm convinced through scientific analysis that Demarini fans have a more vivid imagination than most other brand huers.

We're dangerously close to the delusional Combatants. They still believe ASA only's are hotter than Utrip sticks cause Combat told them so.

Last edited:

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Is anyone else noticing the 13 aftermath is hotter than the 14 aftermath? Was swinging both this weekend and getting a consistent 30 ft more out of last years bat. Both are within 50 hits of each other.

I agree... '14 was behind the '13 in distance for me too.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I'm convinced through scientific analysis that Demarini fans have a more vivid imagination than most other brand huers.

We're dangerously close to the delusional Combatants. They still believe ASA only's are hotter than Utrip sticks cause Combat told them so.

Post of the day here.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

You realize most people believe this now, Freedom doesn't allow the ASA only bats anymore, and we're now in our second year of the new standards and most of the brands still have separate bats? Before you say I'm who you were referring to I told you this over a year ago about the Flipper.

lmob29

swingn' hard just incase

↑↑This is awesome!!!!↑↑
Hahahahahahaha

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
You realize most people believe this now, Freedom doesn't allow the ASA only bats anymore, and we're now in our second year of the new standards and most of the brands still have separate bats? Before you say I'm who you were referring to I told you this over a year ago about the Flipper.

Tell me again how the RBAV is an accurate reissue of the OGAV......
Also, why do LHB's hit utrip bats even though the LHB tour has no association affiliation other than sponsoring some ASA events?????

Combats ASA bats sucked after the OGAV and their Utrip bats weren't sweeping the nation. It was damn good business to say the ASA bats were now the hottest thing since sliced bread and they came out with a great ASA line that made them relevant again while their Utrip sticks remained the same. Just smart business, not necessarily anything credible.

Before you get too worked up, I just like to rib the Combatants and enjoy Combat bats very much. The OGAV was the first composite bat I really clicked with and I think their new ASA bats are excellent. I have several combatant friends so it's all in good fun and not just about you.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans

Guys, do you really think Demar would actually totally change a bat knowing full well they have a top tier bat in their possession? They may make some tweaks, but not much. I have hit a well broken in '13 AM and decided to get a '14 because of this for my hot dot ASA league.

They may have tweaked it to make it slightly more durable, but once broken in im sure it is fire just like the '13

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans

Thats just a $ grab issue though

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never swung the OGAV, or most ASA bats for any amount of time for that matter. Never had a reason to. I swing my Wanted ASA in everything that allows it as it's the hottest bat I've ever swung. It's hotter than my DC Psycho which was the previous hottest bat I'd ever owned, and I took it from wrapper to cracked. I've only ever cracked 3 bats, and the M7120 and Utrip Derby Boys never got as hot as the DC was for the last several hundred swings.

As I said, I said it about the test and the Flipper before I'd ever even swung any of the new ASA only bats, let alone a Combat since the OGDB.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats just a $ grab issue though

It always was. The difference between a fully broken in Pre-ABI and a UTrip bat wasn't that great. I have no problem at all thinking that a slower speed and a softer ball has swung the pendulum back the other way with equal balls.

People are just starting to realize that Worths aren't any good and they've been poop since the new stamp. Probably before as the 454s were just slightly above average. ****, we're talking about a group of guys that still think microwaving a ball gives them a huge advantage.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I've never swung the OGAV, or most ASA bats for any amount of time for that matter. Never had a reason to. I swing my Wanted ASA in everything that allows it as it's the hottest bat I've ever swung. It's hotter than my DC Psycho which was the previous hottest bat I'd ever owned, and I took it from wrapper to cracked. I've only ever cracked 3 bats, and the M7120 and Utrip Derby Boys never got as hot as the DC was for the last several hundred swings.

As I said, I said it about the test and the Flipper before I'd ever even swung any of the new ASA only bats, let alone a Combat since the OGDB.

You're ruining my buzz.

dabus25

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh heck I picked both never swung the '13 yet (just picked up tonight), but the '14 seemed pretty hot outta the wrapper...

SRV

Star Player
A teammate of mine bought a '14 and I went yard with it. Felt like i barely got ahold of it. I didn't swing last years model though so I can't compare the two. For what it's worth my buddy's has less than 50 swings on it.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
AM are my gamers.... '13 and '14 seem exactly the same after the '14 was around 200 hits and the '13 was near NOW. I think (my guess only, I have zero real data except swinging them back to back) that Demarini increased the wall thickness or paint thickness to increase the terrible durability issues of the '13. So once the '14 is broke in alil they are the same.

dabus25

Addicted to Softballfans
AM are my gamers.... '13 and '14 seem exactly the same after the '14 was around 200 hits and the '13 was near NOW. I think (my guess only, I have zero real data except swinging them back to back) that Demarini increased the wall thickness or paint thickness to increase the terrible durability issues of the '13. So once the '14 is broke in alil they are the same.

Hell's yeah this is what I wanted to here!!!! But I also got an sbf juggy on it's wasy here to...can't go wrong here....

scu duner

Addicted to Softballfans
I got my 14 aftermath with 40 hits on it and it was already paint cracked in 2 spots. Ive maybe put another 40-50 swings on it. Its got a zipper starting and the paint crack i about 8" long. Im gonna send it back in and they said it wont count against my return. Hopfully the next one will last a little longer. My league uses 52/300 balls.