15 USA am vs. 16 USA am

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ I believe the only difference is the type of alloy use in the handle.. Can save some cash if you can find a'15 in the weight you like

Alex_A

Coach
I finally started playing ASA and got to game my 2015 tonight. Maybe had 75 BP swings on it, been sitting in my closet for a year. After I finally got my swing down with it, I had a couple of solid hits. Great gunshot sound and ball flew off the bat. Can't wait to see what this thing is like with a couple hundred hits on it.

ABLXTRA

veteran
swung both 2015 and 2016 USA AM today they felt the same to me . weighting felt the same ,the barrel on contact felt the same and performance was even the same. Even with the new alloy I did not notice any difference. the only difference to me was the price tag :thumb: :thumb: for the 2015.

Last edited:

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
swung both 2015 and 2016 USA AM today they felt the same to me . weighting felt the same ,the barrel on contact felt the same and performance was even the same. Even with the new alloy I did not notice any difference. the only difference to me was the price tag :thumb: :thumb: for the 2015.

Cool, glad to know the 16 has the same endload. Eventually the price will come down like all the rest, just have to wait a little.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
How much endload does the 15 have? I'm looking at maybe a 28oz

The 27 had a endload to it but nothing terrible...a little more than the 14 juggy. The 28 I would think will have or feel a little more endloaded. I haven't hit with my 27 yet but just dry swinging I can feel the endload a little.

Hammer0220

Manager
I swung a 15 in 28oz that belonged to my teammate last year a few times (I don't know how many hits it had)and it felt the same as my 16 28oz does now. I'm getting better distance with my 2016 though. I've got about 300 hits on it and I'm getting better distance than I have ever since the new ASA ball came out. This bat just fits my swing perfectly, and the sweet spot is huge. I'm gonna get a couple more toward the end of the season when the price comes down. I literally don't swing my other bats anymore.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung a 15 in 28oz that belonged to my teammate last year a few times (I don't know how many hits it had)and it felt the same as my 16 28oz does now. I'm getting better distance with my 2016 though. I've got about 300 hits on it and I'm getting better distance than I have ever since the new ASA ball came out. This bat just fits my swing perfectly, and the sweet spot is huge. I'm gonna get a couple more toward the end of the season when the price comes down. I literally don't swing my other bats anymore.

Which balls are you hitting?

JPG

Lefty
I just got the new 2016 usa flipp as a back up for my GreenOG flipp and "wow"

So far have gamed it in about 5 games and many others have swung it and its just sickness.
I think it's my favorite ASA bat since the freak98. I'm hyped on it.

Hammer0220

Manager
Those are good softballs!

Yeah my league finally switched to them last year after using the trump 52s with the synthetic cover for the last few years. They're def way better.

I just got the new 2016 usa flipp as a back up for my GreenOG flipp and "wow"

So far have gamed it in about 5 games and many others have swung it and its just sickness.
I think it's my favorite ASA bat since the freak98. I'm hyped on it.

I haven't started games yet, my first one is tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of BP and I can't wait to game this thing. I just added a grip n rip lite and a new lizard skin to it too. So far it feels great with the gnr lite. Way better than a regular knob cuff.

'Merica
f6dd38dc78f182d3139e5fd15999dcda_zpsu0ij6vya.jpg

Last edited:

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah my league finally switched to them last year after using the trump 52s with the synthetic cover for the last few years. They're def way better.

I Know how ya feel. We started with the Dudley SY 52's...they were not a very good ball. Last year we switch to the tattoos...much much better ball.

I haven't started games yet, my first one is tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of BP and I can't wait to game this thing. I just added a grip n rip lite and a new lizard skin to it too. So far it feels great with the gnr lite. Way better than a regular knob cuff.

I did this with mine...I like the feel of the gnr lites.

JPG

Lefty
The Demarini Stadium gloves and the lizzy skin is crazy grip. I took my grip n rips off. I like the bats better without a taper on these handle styles.

26014046644_8fef9bf5c7_c.jpg

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
Can anyone compare endloads from the usa flipper to the cluggy? I have a green n white cluggy in 27oz and it feels perfect. should i get the flip in a 27 or 28???

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Can anyone compare endloads from the usa flipper to the cluggy? I have a green n white cluggy in 27oz and it feels perfect. should i get the flip in a 27 or 28???

Cluggy has a little more endload to it, not huge amount. I'm also wondering about the endload of a 28 and what they are coming in weight wise stock.