17 EST users

Normy

Are these things still holding compression? Considering getting a BB Legit soon. Haven't heard any sob stories on here about them failing...assuming they'll last awhile if only using 52's. Especially with a swing like mine. Ready to join the double barrel crowd. Thanks for the input.

Kernsoftball

Love my BB Legit they are the same bat just different paint scheme is all. Both bats are great vs .52s enjoy it when you get it

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
Just had my EST XL pass compression this weekend pretty easily. Thing is smoking hot too, but I've only hit 52's with it.

Normy

Just had my EST XL pass compression this weekend pretty easily. Thing is smoking hot too, but I've only hit 52's with it.
Good to hear! The Christian James battle of the bats video from last year had the EST ASA balanced still passing after 1000 swings. Had a slight rattle.

I would only BP it 50 swings or so then toss it in the bag.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
Good to hear! The Christian James battle of the bats video from last year had the EST ASA balanced still passing after 1000 swings. Had a slight rattle.

I would only BP it 50 swings or so then toss it in the bag.

Balanced EST easily passed as well but I don't use that as much as the XL. BB Legit that about 6 guys use exclusively every game also passed.

Normy

Narrowed it down to a 27 or 28 BB Legit. Can't beat the price right now. I'm used to a Combat end load so I should probably go 28. Want to get away from the sledgy feel yet have a little ass still. Do these swing true to weight?

ShortYellowBus

Solid investment.

Here’s the hard part; don’t let it be a team bat. If you let someone swing it, make sure they don’t throw it.

It’s excellent!

Normy

Solid investment.

Here’s the hard part; don’t let it be a team bat. If you let someone swing it, make sure they don’t throw it.

It’s excellent!
Lol, I'll have to remind myself not to throw in. Sorta rough on the Combats. It's a 28 oz so I'm hoping that will detour most of the team ;)

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol, I'll have to remind myself not to throw in. Sorta rough on the Combats. It's a 28 oz so I'm hoping that will detour most of the team ;)
Same weight I got my BB Legit in.

Making sure I point out to everyone that it is a 28, so they think it is too heavy.

Feels about same weight as my 27 oz Purcell Legit, but it isn't sledgy feeling. Swings nice and smooth.

Normy

Same weight I got my BB Legit in.

Making sure I point out to everyone that it is a 28, so they think it is too heavy.

Feels about same weight as my 27 oz Purcell Legit, but it isn't sledgy feeling. Swings nice and smooth.
That's music to my...eyes :confused: Glad to hear it's not sledgy. Can't wait til it shows up on the front porch. How many swings should I take to get this beauty going? Using 52's and not a masher.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
That's music to my...eyes :confused: Glad to hear it's not sledgy. Can't wait til it shows up on the front porch. How many swings should I take to get this beauty going? Using 52's and not a masher.
I put about 40 hits on mine off a tee, mix of 52s and a few 44s. Bat actually hits the 52s much better than the 44s. I've used it in one one game with a .44/400 in 96 degrees. Waited til the ball turned to mush to use the BB, felt like hitting a 52. Bat isn't fully broken in yet, but already feels really good.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Mine is a 28 as well, feels like a 27, so nobody uses it because of the weight, very smooth I did about 50 44’s off a tee and 50 52’s to break in, nice soft trampoline feel, great bat

dunkky

dars, you swinging 17 dc41? how's that working out for you. i might be getting that this weekend from trading.

Normy

Mine is a 28 as well, feels like a 27, so nobody uses it because of the weight, very smooth I did about 50 44’s off a tee and 50 52’s to break in, nice soft trampoline feel, great bat
More good news. I've loved trampolines since I was a kid lol. Fed Ex can't get here soon enough!

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
dars, you swinging 17 dc41? how's that working out for you. i might be getting that this weekend from trading.
Sold the DC41 and bought the BB Legit. I liked the DC, but the EL made it difficult to hit oppo sometimes. The BB Legit swings a lot smoother, so hitting oppo with authority is a lot easier.

Normy

Sold the DC41 and bought the BB Legit. I liked the DC, but the EL made it difficult to hit oppo sometimes. The BB Legit swings a lot smoother, so hitting oppo with authority is a lot easier.
Perfect.

Normy

Is the barrel on the EST/Legit a little more forgiving than say....most Combats?

I've been having a heck of a time the last few games finding the sweet spot. Since my broken finger ordeal, I haven't been able to use a semi overlap grip that I've grown accustomed to over the years. Seem to be hitting up the barrel a bit more than usual. Not a good place to make contact with most Combats. Hoping this bat scores a 10 in the forgiving category. From the few reviews I could find, it sounds like it does.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the barrel on the EST/Legit a little more forgiving than say....most Combats?

I've been having a heck of a time the last few games finding the sweet spot. Since my broken finger ordeal, I haven't been able to use a semi overlap grip that I've grown accustomed to over the years. Seem to be hitting up the barrel a bit more than usual. Not a good place to make contact with most Combats. Hoping this bat scores a 10 in the forgiving category. From the few reviews I could find, it sounds like it does.
Worth and Miken are light years better than the best Combat. I used to swing a Wanted, Greinert dual derby boys, and an Aerial Assault. None of them were even remotely close to my DC41, BB Legit, or the Purcell Legit. Teammate of mine has stubbornly swung Combat for years. He recently used a teammates Legit Branch for a few games. He put all his Combats away, and bought his own Branch.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing modified overlap, and have no issues with any mi****s hurting either hand. Actually hard to notice mi****s, since they still feel great off the bat.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the 17 Utrip EST XL, but it was a 27 oz. It didn't feel heavy enough, so I traded it for my Purcell Legit. Wish I had bought the XL in a 28, would probably still have it.

Normy

I had the 17 Utrip EST XL, but it was a 27 oz. It didn't feel heavy enough, so I traded it for my Purcell Legit. Wish I had bought the XL in a 28, would probably still have it.
Glad I ordered the 28. Haven't heard anyone complaining about it being a log. I think the half ounce endload will fit my swing perfectly at that weight. Thanks for all the info!