For Sale/Trade 1984 Star Michael Jordan Rookie

celtics1

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I have a RARE 1984 Star Michael Jordan Rookie basketball card. Anyone that knows these cards knows that they sell for 800-1500 on ebay. Book value is around 800. Can send pics via text if interested. Looking for $300 or will trade for softball bats.

celtics1

Outstanding Bad Dealer
No, but the card was purchased back in 1988 out of a team set. My family ownes a sports shop and is the original owner of the card. The reissues didnt come out til 1996.

Last edited:

celtics1

Outstanding Bad Dealer
There are a few things to look for when trying to determine a real rookie from a fake. The star rookies are easier to show its original than the fleer. On the fake star rookies they didnt a the perion in his point avg and they didnt add a comma after the company inc

celtics1

Outstanding Bad Dealer
If you're a serious collector of cards you know that sending a $1000 card off to be graded is taking a huge risk of not getting it back. It takes 6-8 weeks to get it back and we've actually sent off some blake griffin game used cards and got a diff player card in return. We have 3 of these ogs and 2 fleer ogs, so selling it isnt a huge deal to me. Thats the advantage of having your own sports store.

trip

stfu
If you're a serious collector of cards you know that sending a $1000 card off to be graded is taking a huge risk of not getting it back. It takes 6-8 weeks to get it back and we've actually sent off some blake griffin game used cards and got a diff player card in return. We have 3 of these ogs and 2 fleer ogs, so selling it isnt a huge deal to me. Thats the advantage of having your own sports store.

wtf? maybe i've been lucky then

i've (at least ten years ago) sent probably fourty of fifty cards in to get graded. couple old mantles, couple really old goudy cards, ripken rookie, about 20 griffey rookies, nolan ryan rookie, and always got them back in about three weeks. i never sent them to anyone besides PSA though. always insured the piss out of the box that contained a card wrapped in about 40 layers of bubble wrap inside a brick case.

celtics1

Outstanding Bad Dealer
The corners would grade an A, the corners would grade an A and the surface is very bright in color, sharp and detailed. Its in NRMNT condition. The card itself has only been touched twice.

celtics1

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Im sorry I have a low post count but I do have a life and cant be on here all the time. Im out of town on business a lot and cant be here to respond right away. I can text pics via text message to whomever wants me to. Thanks

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
very interested also, send me pics as [email protected]

the one thing I'm not liking though is your low post count.

be more worried about him/her just joining than low post count. Most guys on here don't ***** out their post count. Not saying the guy's not trustworthy, but I would only meet in person on this one.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
wtf? maybe i've been lucky then

i've (at least ten years ago) sent probably fourty of fifty cards in to get graded. couple old mantles, couple really old goudy cards, ripken rookie, about 20 griffey rookies, nolan ryan rookie, and always got them back in about three weeks. i never sent them to anyone besides PSA though. always insured the piss out of the box that contained a card wrapped in about 40 layers of bubble wrap inside a brick case.

We dont use PSA, we use beckett grading service. Psa is not as good

If PSA is so bad then how come he is getting everything back and you are having problems...just saying

I would just like to see a picture of it.