USSSA 2 BR on 1 base

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
I'm sure this is an easy one. Br's on 1st, 2nd, 1 out. Batter hits to the outfield and goes for a double. Br that was on 2nd stops at 3rd and the Br that was on 1st wasn't looking ahead and winds up on 3rd as well. Batter/runner winds up on 2nd.

Is the leading runner out or the trailing runner out and live ball? :confused:

Macken

Starting Player
dont think you can have 2 runners touch 1 base at the same time or maybe its they cant make contact with eachother

TheLacinStation

Addicted to Softballfans
As stated in a previous response, the lead runner is entitled to the bag. The trailing runner is not automatically out when he touches the bag; in theory, he could go back to the previous bag. The trailing runner is out once he is tagged, as he is not currently legally occupying a base.

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
As stated in a previous response, the lead runner is entitled to the bag. The trailing runner is not automatically out when he touches the bag; in theory, he could go back to the previous bag. The trailing runner is out once he is tagged, as he is not currently legally occupying a base.

Got it ;)

I see what you mean. I've seen alot of keystone cops sort of plays where the leading runner panics and bolts making the trailing runner safe and now the leading runner is in jeapordy.

HAVOC34

NorCal COMbatant

True story here.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
So if the defender has the ball with the two runners standing side by side. They could really each quickly switch who is touching the bag while the defender tries to tag them.
I could see that happening in a cartoon. lol

MrEye

Addicted to Softballfans
Got it ;)

I see what you mean. I've seen alot of keystone cops sort of plays where the leading runner panics and bolts making the trailing runner safe and now the leading runner is in jeapordy.

And I've seen where they both panic and leave the bag empty and both eventually get tagged out.

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
So if the defender has the ball with the two runners standing side by side. They could really each quickly switch who is touching the bag while the defender tries to tag them.

LOL you mean when he goes to tag the trailing runner on the base the leading runner steps off and vise verse? ha, ha

HAVOC34

NorCal COMbatant

Yeah that would be like something from a Globetrotter's softball game!