2 piece joint separation

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I have a 2016 black/gold Helmer that recently started making some odd noises on the occasional hit. I checked the handle/barrel joint and there is some separation where the handle glues into the barrel. Not an issue with the "CXN piece", it's the actual joint under the rubber. When I flex the bat across my knee, you can actually see the gap open up and hear a cracking/clicking noise. Checked my other bats and there is zero gap. I can't get zoomed in enough to get a pic that will show it.

I'm not too concerned, the bat still hits well and it isn't getting worse. Just curious if anyone else has seen it.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That's not normal, and you DEFINITELY shouldn't be hearing a cracking noise if you flex the bat. Keep your receipt handy. I've owned a ton of two piece Eastons, and the only one that ever had a problem at the connection joint was the OG ST1Z Connexion.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
That's not normal, and you DEFINITELY shouldn't be hearing a cracking noise if you flex the bat. Keep your receipt handy. I've owned a ton of two piece Eastons, and the only one that ever had a problem at the connection joint was the OG ST1Z Connexion.

Back when the Connexion piece was an actual joint, not just a rubber band to cover the ugliness.

Yeah, I have two Torqs and an L1, they're solid. The paint from the barrel actually extends slightly onto the handle and is unbroken on all three. On the Helmer, the paint is cracked all around at the joint. I'll just have to keep swinging and hope for the best. Unfortunately, it's a warranty return.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I hope this isn't indicative of the Flex in any way. Cause I want that to last, cause it's amazing....

4xtra

Player/Coach
I have a 2016 black/gold Helmer that recently started making some odd noises on the occasional hit. I checked the handle/barrel joint and there is some separation where the handle glues into the barrel. Not an issue with the "CXN piece", it's the actual joint under the rubber. When I flex the bat across my knee, you can actually see the gap open up and hear a cracking/clicking noise. Checked my other bats and there is zero gap. I can't get zoomed in enough to get a pic that will show it.

I'm not too concerned, the bat still hits well and it isn't getting worse. Just curious if anyone else has seen it.

I had the connection piece begin to crack and wobble on a 15 KIRBY...
Someone on this forum made it sound like I was "crazy".
It happens but this is not normal and I hope you have a reciept.
Easton has a REAL DEAL CS platform so you should not have any problems getting an exchange.
I also have a Black and Gold and have about 800-900 swings on it
and I have had NO issues and the bat is pretty hot and webbed up

Last edited:

THESHOE

Starting Player
I have to admit that anyone/anywhere local to me I had not seen a joint issue since ST100h or 13L1.

I guess lemons can happen with every line every year.

Just hope my Flex holds up because it is just stupid stupid good these days.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I hit 3 dozen balls with it last night. No problems, didn't get any worse, and the bat was killing it. Hopefully it's just an issue of there not being enough epoxy to fill the gap fully. I'm gonna keep swinging it until something drastic happens.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I hit 3 dozen balls with it last night. No problems, didn't get any worse, and the bat was killing it. Hopefully it's just an issue of there not being enough epoxy to fill the gap fully. I'm gonna keep swinging it until something drastic happens.

Easton CS told me they have a 6% defective rate
1 out of 16 is kinda high but their bats are made in....
CHINA

Hiltz

Built for comfort
So are everyone else's lol

Easton, Mizuno, and Louisville Slugger are.

Worth and Miken are still made in the US, Combats were made in Canada, and I believe Demarinis are mostly made in the States, minus some handles that are imported and then assembled stateside.

Kinda surprising how many bats are still actually made in North America.