2 Piece SIS Salvo vs. ASP SBE

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a great deal on these both NIW. The Salvo was $169.99 with free shipping. The SBE was $130 with $12 shipping so a slight price victory to the SBE. Both are IMX technology, both are 28oz. The Salvo is 3 oz endload and the SBE says it is Stealth load, which I think means 1 oz but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that, the Salvo might feel a little more endloaded but it doesn't feel too much more than the SBE. Yesterday I took them out to hit head to head, the Salvo had about 100 swings on it and the SBE had about 60 on it. I took the 1st 10 swings with the Salvo, and the next 10 with the SBE. Initially the Salvo had 15 to 20 feet on the SBE. I hit the Salvo a few more times during the round but mostly spent the round hitting the SBE and I thought near the end it was getting better. I did hit 3 balls with my 1K 13 L1 and it is those 2 bats daddy right now, but not by much. My friend was up next and he is kind of a baby and wouldn't swing the Salvo because he could see the 3 oz endload on the barrel so he swung the SBE, and he was just murdering the ball. I told him about half way thru the round he should thank me for breaking it in for him. He was killing it with the SBE and gave it a big thumbs up. So that is 1 vote for the Salvo and 1 for the SBE. We are going back out to hit tommorrow, and I might change my vote to the SBE since it seems to have broken in more since I hit it.