2000 ultra bat

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
just pick up a 2000 stamped ultra and it has 2 red lines around the bat near the handle and 30 in white letters. i thought 30 was the weight but it weights 28.2 on the scale. do these marks mean anything else

wagon487

2016 Vegas Champs 60 Major
just pick up a 2000 stamped ultra and it has 2 red lines around the bat near the handle and 30 in white letters. i thought 30 was the weight but it weights 28.2 on the scale. do these marks mean anything else

pics or it didn't happen

mrl112

Smarter than you're
Probably just the guy who had the bat before you was #30 and painted the 2 red lines and number to differentiate his bats.

he might pulled the rod out of the handle,to lighten it up from 30 oz to 28 oz.does it feel endloaded any.the red lines don't know what to tell ya......

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
the rod is in the handle . looks like nothing was done to this bat. just wondering about the marks on the bat. they must mean something.

salio2k

Addicted to Softballfans
Like ODB said, he might have pulled the rod out and cut off 3/4" to put back in. This would give the appearance of the rod still being in and explain the drop in weight.

Man of Steele

Addicted to Softballfans
Like ODB said, he might have pulled the rod out and cut off 3/4" to put back in. This would give the appearance of the rod still being in and explain the drop in weight.

^^^this and I would like to see pics of the red lines so I can determine what they are.

226z

Addicted to Softballfans
Check to see if it has a shell weight....if so it should be written on the handle with paint marker, and should be between 23.9-24.7 more or less. It's possible that it has an uncommonly light shell which would lessen the scale weight, but not probable. I'm guessing someone cut a cpl ounces off the rod like a cpl guys said. The 30 should be the finished weight tho, especially if its written on the hande with paint marker, usually white. Out of curiosity, how many hits are on it, and what did you pay for it? Been seeing some serious deals on em all summer on eBay...prices have really dropped since the summer before...

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
can't find the shell weight but i did find the numbers 9-15-03 so i guess it was made in 03. the 30 is in white paint. i know the guy i bought it from and it has not been hit very many times.

socalguy

Addicted to Softballfans
30oz OG ultra weighing 28oz? no doubt the rod was pulled, couple oz snipped off and put back in. 30 Ultra would have a 4 oz rod.

Fred LaFazia

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, the bat broke in two pieces and I took out the metal rod to have it on hand just in case a question of this sort was ever asked. If you wait long enough, questions you never thought would be asked sometimes are.

I believe I used the grip on another bat, and the end cap was too badly damaged when I tried to remove it.