2011 ASA Z vs Flipper

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
I did a search but didn't get too much from the LS side. Anyways I was hoping to hear any opinions on people who have swung both. I'd like to know differences on good contact, miss hits, weighting. Performance is relative but I'd like to hear your experience with performance differences as well. I think that's it. Thanks.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
we must be conjoined. I've been swinging z1K's and just ordered a flipper.

thanks to this guy ^^^^ I just ordered a flipper to......

can't compare the z1k and flipper (yet) but imo as far as z's I think the 2012 z1k > 2011 z1k & z2k

if they make a bat for the 52/300 better than the 2012 z1k then I will never need another bat period

klu

on the mound
if they make a bat for the 52/300 better than the 2012 z1k then I will never need another bat period

Agreed. Flipper is hot, but doesn't come near either one of my Zs

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
The Flipper is a legit bat. It perfoms better than the Z1000 by a bit IMO. The pop on the flipper is noticeable. All of the LS nut huggers are in love because the bat makes them sound like they are mashing haha. The sound is the only reason that bat is hyped so much. If it sounded normal, it would be one step above the Easton Reveal line from a few years ago.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
The Flipper is a legit bat. It perfoms better than the Z1000 by a bit IMO. The pop on the flipper is noticeable. All of the LS nut huggers are in love because the bat makes them sound like they are mashing haha. The sound is the only reason that bat is hyped so much. If it sounded normal, it would be one step above the Easton Reveal line from a few years ago.

You are crazy. It could sound like someone hitting a wet sock against a matress and I will still like the Z1K.

The Rain Maker

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the flipper is good, but has durability issues. Everyone I now that had one, broke it very quickly. (I would say under 300 hits) And if you hit anything harder than a 52/300, it will be even less than that.

All the Z's will last longer than flippers. I think they are all very close in performance. The flipper might give a little more distance, but Z's tend to be more forgiving.

If we are talking strictly 52/300, the Z's and Flippers are better than all Easton's ASA bats. If you are hitting anything harder than that, go with Easton for ASA

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I think the flipper is good, but has durability issues. Everyone I now that had one, broke it very quickly. (I would say under 300 hits) And if you hit anything harder than a 52/300, it will be even less than that.

All the Z's will last longer than flippers. I think they are all very close in performance. The flipper might give a little more distance, but Z's tend to be more forgiving.

If we are talking strictly 52/300, the Z's and Flippers are better than all Easton's ASA bats. If you are hitting anything harder than that, go with Easton for ASA

I gotta disagree with you. My ASA Z1k is ridiculous with .44/375 balls and I've hit with some of the newer Eastons and wasn't as impressed as I am with the Z

tscs000

WOW!! Really?? Have you ever hit the 52/300's with the Z1000??...it shines.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
WOW!! Really?? Have you ever hit the 52/300's with the Z1000??...it shines.

have to agree with this guy right here....he can mash with a z...i've seen it in real life, lol...i've even pitched some of those balls that have went into the trees :eek:

shep i have a nice shiny niw flipper 27oz that i'm dying to try out this spring...you are more than welcome to takes some swings with it if you want..it has a receipt so if you break it i'll just get another, lol

cdamron13

scerred of sbf

guys that have been Easton/Demarini/Worth nuthuggers for years in the area where I play have dropped them like hot potato's when word of the z got out and guys started seeing how it performs, I wld say it dominates the area where I play....I am the only person I know of that even bothered to pick up one of last yrs ASA Eastons and imo it was steps behind any year z that is out so far

tscs000

have to agree with this guy right here....he can mash with a z...i've seen it in real life, lol...i've even pitched some of those balls that have went into the trees :eek:

shep i have a nice shiny niw flipper 27oz that i'm dying to try out this spring...you are more than welcome to takes some swings with it if you want..it has a receipt so if you break it i'll just get another, lol

Thanks, Chad. We will have to get together for BP for sure this spring. I'm taking a ASA & 275 Derby Boys with me to Texas in three weeks and give those two bats a shake down vs my Z2000.

M

MJL 00

Havent got enough cuts on Flipper yet but my 2012 z1k totally cruches the 52...Once get more hits on Flip hope it gets better cause as of now its behind my Swag and z1k

M

MJL 00

Havent got enough cuts on Flipper yet but my 2012 z1k totally cruches the 52...Once get more hits on Flip hope it gets better cause as of now its behind my Swag and z1k

The Rain Maker

Addicted to Softballfans
guys that have been Easton/Demarini/Worth nuthuggers for years in the area where I play have dropped them like hot potato's when word of the z got out and guys started seeing how it performs, I wld say it dominates the area where I play....I am the only person I know of that even bothered to pick up one of last yrs ASA Eastons and imo it was steps behind any year z that is out so far

I agree with this. Last year, I used a Z2K, Flipper, and 98H. I thought the
98h sucked BALLS! We only use the 52/300 and the 98H performed as well as an Easton Hammer.

cmo27

Local Celebrity
I have an SRV3 and a 98H.. Both hit the 44/375 great but they don't compare to my Z1K with the 52/300.. Just picked up a Sonic recently so I can't wait to see how that compares to the Z..

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Thanks, Chad. We will have to get together for BP for sure this spring. I'm taking a ASA & 275 Derby Boys with me to Texas in three weeks and give those two bats a shake down vs my Z2000.

dying to hear how the db 275 does....i should have a Triad headed my way here soon as well