2011 Firecracker

SRDerivan

The Veteran
Fans,

I see the set-up is round robin – double elimination, but what are the fields like? What balls are being used?

SRD

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Fans,

I see the set-up is round robin – double elimination, but what are the fields like? What balls are being used?

SRD

Last year we hit optic yellow Gold Dots (.44 375 comp) probably the same this year. Field 1 is a baseball stadium that they put up a break away fence at 315. Field 2 I believe is 310 all the way around. Field 9 (we call it the black dirt field) is a short porch where the wind blows out or across to left field, probably 285/290ish.

There's also a women's field which is fairly short and have seen a few women hit it out of it.

Not a complex per se but they're all within walking distance of each other.

SRDerivan

The Veteran
Copy, thanks CGT. With the wind blowing out...I should be able to hit it 285, YEAH! Gold Dots are OK (that what we use in practice), but comparing them to the balls we used in Korea would be a mistake. Those balls were great! Ya just gotta hit'm hard and put'm in play. Should be a fun tourney! See ya in a few weeks.

Do you know an Alex Lopez (AMS)? He's a friend and one heck of a ball player, but I guess he hurt his back last year. Just wondering.

SRD

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Copy, thanks CGT. With the wind blowing out...I should be able to hit it 285, YEAH! Gold Dots are OK (that what we use in practice), but comparing them to the balls we used in Korea would be a mistake. Those balls were great! Ya just gotta hit'm hard and put'm in play. Should be a fun tourney! See ya in a few weeks.

Do you know an Alex Lopez (AMS)? He's a friend and one heck of a ball player, but I guess he hurt his back last year. Just wondering.

SRD

I'm pretty sure I've heard his name but haven't seen him play...If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, was he at Andrews AFB prior to Kadena?

BTW...played this weekend with some Gold Dots and talk about a huge difference after hitting those rocks at the Pac-Wide! They still go if you hit 'em though!

SRDerivan

The Veteran
Yeah, Lopez and I played at Andrews from '04-'07. He mostly played baseball for Atlantic Coast League (I think), but every once-n-awhile we could talk him out to the softball field. Hoping to see him and his family this trip.

SRD

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, Lopez and I played at Andrews from '04-'07. He mostly played baseball for Atlantic Coast League (I think), but every once-n-awhile we could talk him out to the softball field. Hoping to see him and his family this trip.

SRD

Yep same dude...tried to get him to come out when he first got here but he got into baseball right away here as well.

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
Fans,

SRD

Yo Steve...

The fields are well taken care of. In '09, it rained about everyday and the field crew worked their tails off to keep the fields in as good of shape as possible. Crew did a great job. I certainly don't recall the infield offering very many interesting bad hops (like PW, whoa).

Field one (stadium) will get the lions share of the games, I think. It is a very nice field to play on. Theres also a very large outdoor swimming pool next to field one, so trunks and flip-flops are a good call.

Good luck to Yokota. Better bring the "A" game brother.

SRDerivan

The Veteran
Yo Steve...

The fields are well taken care of. In '09, it rained about everyday and the field crew worked their tails off to keep the fields in as good of shape as possible. Crew did a great job. I certainly don't recall the infield offering very many interesting bad hops (like PW, whoa).

Field one (stadium) will get the lions share of the games, I think. It is a very nice field to play on. Theres also a very large outdoor swimming pool next to field one, so trunks and flip-flops are a good call.

Good luck to Yokota. Better bring the "A" game brother.

Thanks Judd. Are you guys going? Did I give you a coin? Let me know, I'm bringing a few coins to the Firecracker and owe you or Rattle 1. Thanks.

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Judd. Are you guys going? Did I give you a coin? Let me know, I'm bringing a few coins to the Firecracker and owe you or Rattle 1. Thanks.

Atsugi Jokers aren't much of a traveling team, so no, the Jokers won't be at Firecracker. Besides, most of us are at sea now. If I weren't at sea, I'd go to Oki and play with another squad. These are the 2 best tournies on this side of the world, but to actually be able to get to them takes a great deal of luck and timing.

We swapped coins at the terminal on the way out of town. Thanks for making MY memory appear to be decent...:D

christophero

USS BHR LHD-6 SOFTBALL
can anyone help me with finding a place to stay at whatever base... i tried foster and nada... my wife, two kids and I will be going up there... if i have to stay out in town so be it but does anyone know the cheapest place....

Chubby_43

can anyone help me with finding a place to stay at whatever base... i tried foster and nada... my wife, two kids and I will be going up there... if i have to stay out in town so be it but does anyone know the cheapest place....

Bro some of the Yokota Guys are staying at some place near bye.. I'll ask what the name is.. It's around 120 per night..

Steve,

Do you know the name?

boobie5

Addicted to Softballfans
chistophero,
let me know if you still need a room i have a room booked at the Eagles Crest and will not be using it so if you run into any issues let me know i will hook you up with the room i have.

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
chistophero,
let me know if you still need a room i have a room booked at the Eagles Crest and will not be using it so if you run into any issues let me know i will hook you up with the room i have.

Wassup Boobie... how you doin?

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
I m doing well how about you? Had a great time in Korea Billy was there but no Thomas! You guys are still coming for the Kanto right?

Yeah - PacWide will have to wait another year....
I am pretty sure we will not field a Fattboyz team. Budget is too tight. A few of us might show up on a combined team. If my work will allow, I will be down for making the trip again.

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's the team list for the Firecracker:

Women's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota Lady Warriors
Misawa
Okinawa Dragons
Yardbusters

Men's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota - Mainland Japan
Misawa - Mainland Japan
Kunsan - Korea
Killers - Okinawa
Hawks - Okinawa
No Glove No Love - Okinawa
Bang Bus - Okinawa
Bovino's - Okinawa
Pitsters - Okinawa
Typhoons - Okinawa
Brick House - Okinawa
Club Red - Okinawa
Hit Squad - Okinawa
Raw Dawgs - Okinawa
Hideaways - Okinawa
Legion - Okinawa

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans

Women's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota Lady Warriors
Misawa
Okinawa Dragons
Yardbusters

Men's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota - Mainland Japan
Misawa - Mainland Japan
Kunsan - Korea
Killers - Okinawa
Hawks - Okinawa
Bang Bus - Okinawa
Bovino's - Okinawa
Pitsters - Okinawa
Typhoons - Okinawa
Brick House - Okinawa
Club Red - Okinawa
Hit Squad - Okinawa
Raw Dawgs - Okinawa
Hideaways - Okinawa
Legion - Okinawa

Damn son looks like you got a nice little tournament going on there. I need to holler at you about something when you have time...

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!

Women's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota Lady Warriors
Misawa
Okinawa Dragons
Yardbusters

Men's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota - Mainland Japan
Misawa - Mainland Japan
Kunsan - Korea
Killers - Okinawa
Hawks - Okinawa
Bang Bus - Okinawa
Bovino's - Okinawa
Pitsters - Okinawa
Typhoons - Okinawa
Brick House - Okinawa
Club Red - Okinawa
Hit Squad - Okinawa
Raw Dawgs - Okinawa
Hideaways - Okinawa
Legion - Okinawa

WOW! All of these teams on Oki, and we can't none of you all to come to the mainland for the Kanto. WTH? ;)

What up CM?!

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
WOW! All of these teams on Oki, and we can't none of you all to come to the mainland for the Kanto. WTH? ;)

What up CM?!

Trust me brotha, what you see there is quantity, not quality! The problem is that timeframe is the same as the Armed Forces Camps and that hits close to home for the Legion crew. Not as many of us going this year so we'll see if we can't put something together and scuff ya'll up a lil bit!

chile

Bad Ape
Trust me brotha, what you see there is quantity, not quality! The problem is that timeframe is the same as the Armed Forces Camps and that hits close to home for the Legion crew. Not as many of us going this year so we'll see if we can't put something together and scuff ya'll up a lil bit!

much different lineup than the last few...still be a good time, tho

SRDerivan

The Veteran

Women's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota Lady Warriors
Misawa
Okinawa Dragons
Yardbusters

Men's Teams:
Camp Casey - Korea
Yokota - Mainland Japan
Misawa - Mainland Japan
Kunsan - Korea
Killers - Okinawa
Hawks - Okinawa
Bang Bus - Okinawa
Bovino's - Okinawa
Pitsters - Okinawa
Typhoons - Okinawa
Brick House - Okinawa
Club Red - Okinawa
Hit Squad - Okinawa
Raw Dawgs - Okinawa
Hideaways - Okinawa
Legion - Okinawa

No disrespect, but it looks like there's just 1 team to beat...Yokota Warriors! LET "IT" BEGIN! Should be fun!

See ya on the field,
SRD#23

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
No disrespect, but it looks like there's just 1 team to beat...Yokota Warriors! LET "IT" BEGIN! Should be fun!

See ya on the field,
SRD#23

Love your enthusiasm SRD! If you don't play to win, why play at all?!?!

Good luck and see ya'll next week.

CGT

Chubby_43

We use Thunder Advances up here for it..So them babies fly... There are no 3-2 ball games..